Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

94 Dx Power Window

Guest temti

My left back passenger window does not response to both the master and passenger swiches. The other three window are working fine. This is a 94 Corolla DX.

Anyone has any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Try to operate the window while door is both opened and closed to see if it is a wiring issue at the door. If you hear noise then it may be a mechanical problem - if nothing, have to pull the door panel off and see of the wiring to the motor is OK. About 80% of the time - it is a wiring related or switch related problem. Otherwise - sounds like a burned up motor - not bad for 10 years.

Good Luck.

Guest temti

Do you know how to remove the back door panel?

Thanks again

First pull the power - remove negative cable from battery. You have to pry the arm rest and get the screws under there - unscrew the door handle and disconnect the cable to locking mechanism - they pry the door panel off, there is a vapor barrier under the panel that can be carefully peeled off and later reused.

Good Luck.

I have another problem with the power window of the rear driver side.

I pulled open the door panel and checked that the motor is fine. The lever that is supposed to move the window up and down does what it needs to do. The problem is that it is decoupled from the slot in the bottom of the glass. I was able to put the round thing into the slot, but when the window moves up, it comes free from the slot. I was very surprised at this. I checked the other rear door. In that one, the lever does not come out from the slot in the glass at all. However, the driver side rear lever comes out from the slot when it is moving the window up.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this a bent lever? I tried to bend it slowly. But that did not work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Topic List