Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

How Fast Would You Go?

by 112263, June 27, 2004

See every reply in these pages:

Guest The Kings of Random

It wasn't in a Corolla, but...

~100mph (165km/h) in our old '97 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L V6 on a straight, flat country road, good pavement. 'Would have pulled well past 100 (no speed limiter) but had to back off since some overpAsses and traffic were coming up, didn't want to risk pAssing a cop.

I've done 90 a few times in that car as well, and in our 2002 Honda Odyssey, and once in the new Echo (was surprised how well it handled at that speed, although I'm not planning on doing it every day in that little car).

Guest chickmagnet869

I have a 95 Corolla that I've gotten up to 110 in under 4 miles. 110 is as high as mine registers, but I've seen the pin go past it, so who knows. I also have a couple mods, though. Here is the page for it.

Guest Corollasroyce

182 MPH on my 99 ZX-7.....

110 MPH in my car....just didn't have the urge to go any faster....that was just to see how bad it would shake....

180 km/h on my '97 automatic, on the 401 highway between Toronto and Montreal. Early Saturday summer morning back in '99, sun rising just to the right of the highway, spotted the glint in the windshield of an Ontario Police cruiser nestling in the underpass miles ahead. Brought it back below 120, waved at the officer, then pushed it again.

Guest Flix

I drove my stock 2004 corolla S to 170kph (that's about 106mph) out on a highway with some smooth curves. I didn't dare try more. But then again, i don't think the corolla can handle more than that.

Guest Spartan031

I put my 98 over 100 a few times; if you have the pedal floored, it shifts into the last gear at 100. I might have buried the needle, but once I pAssed 100, I was afraid to look away from the road for any fraction of time. So let's just say I got it to 100+.

BTW, I'm the conservative driver out of my group of friends

Guest s_m_hendrix

Guest s_m_hendrix

Hey, Im in australia... but i did the maths, so MPH isnt a prob

i own a new corolla bout 3000 miles on it,

ive got 5 speed manual, and i raced a mate, in the model before mine, in an auto

we were in teh ###### of no where, n i beat him, i hit 160 k's or as u guys know it, the 100 mph mark... was on the level, n as i got to a big hill, just let the foot off, n slowed down, never put the foot to the floor. so it didnt work that hard

P.S do it without the nagging g/f in the passanger seat (i love u hayley)

Buried the speedo on my '03 Corolla 5 speed. I'm guessing that was around 115.

Gotten my '01 ZX9R (900cc motorcycle) up to 180 indicated... which is closer to 175 actual. 115mph is close to redline in 3rd... and it still has 3 more gears default_smile

FYI to the guy above - without significant engine mods... a ZX7 won't do mor etha 165. You probably had some huge speedo error. Very common if you dropped the gearing.

Guest 1FastVolvo

weve had my friends 96 corolla past 110 before, it seemed to handle fine, little bit sluggish while manuvering, but it was ok

Guest WhiteRollaS

I have gotten my 2003 Corolla to about 106mph on highway 101 racing my friend in his rolla. default_biggrin

Guest Corollasroyce

FYI to the guy above - without significant engine mods... a ZX7 won't do mor etha 165. You probably had some huge speedo error. Very common if you dropped the gearing.

Yeh i just did the conversion, my speedo was reading 290 kmh...it wasn't geared but did have some minor mods, nothing that would make it that much faster, full exhuast, K&N, maybe raise my max speed by 5 mph...but that was needle buried...i realize that there is speedo errors at that speed but thtas what it read...

The new R1's do 106MPH in first gear and they still got 5 more....how ridiculous the gearing is for road driving, they should keep track gearing for the track...

Guest wee96

I hit the speed limiter in my 01 Corolla S all the time, car is smooth and only in the 4k range so its really no big deal.

On my 96 CBR600 F3 ive hit 150mph a few times, thing wont accelerate after that, and the highways around here dont give you enough time to anyway.

Guest Corollasroyce

you should be able to go as fast as your CBR 3 times in the distance it takes you to bury the needle in your rolla.....and there is no way a 96 cbr 600 would do 150 mph either, heh....the 2005 honda 600RRs won't go faster than 153 corrected.

Guest wee96

you should be able to go as fast as your CBR 3 times in the distance it takes you to bury the needle in your rolla.....and there is no way a 96 cbr 600 would do 150 mph either, heh....the 2005 honda 600RRs won't go faster than 153 corrected.

Actually the F3 can get up to 153 just like its new brother (600RR). While the 600RR traps about .3 better in the quarter mile than the F3, its basically not any quicker and they both hit the upper 150 range before dying out. Not sure where you got your info from.

Guest Corollasroyce

sigh...well im too tired right now to go get specs, but i can garentee that the f3 weights about 40 lbs more than the current 600rr as the 2005 model lost 11.5 lbs over the 2004 model.....as for horsepower i think the f3 ran about 90 hp?? the new 600rr has 111.....plus the new 600rr has completly differnt gearing so i HIGHLY doubt your f3 will put down 153 mph in a speed trap....if you want to continue arguing i'll go grab some dyno charts and specs and prove your f3 won't do 153 mph without SERIOUS modifications

Guest wee96

F3 stock pushes out 90bhp yes, mine had a full yoshimura exhaust and jet kit and was dyno'd at 105bhp. I didnt have my radar gun handy (this is a joke) while I was going at that speed, but I had my eyes and the speedo was on 150. Sure, analog needles can be off a bit, maybe I only got to 145?

Guest 1FastVolvo

the volvo: buried needle @ 140 (R-Sport Gauge...Stock only reads 120)

2 o' clock in the morning on I-95 coming back from a church dance...nobody on road...decided to see what helga could do

The new R1's do 106MPH in first gear and they still got 5 more....how ridiculous the gearing is for road driving, they should keep track gearing for the track...

I actually like the tall gearing on the liter bikes... it makes them much more pleasant on longer rides at crusing speeds in top gear. It's nice to only turn 4500 RPM at 70mph.. rather than 7000 like on a 600cc bike.

Besides the R1 has a tall 1st gear so that the other gear can be more closely spaced. It also has a lot of over rev...meaning that there is an extra 1500 RPM that does not provide additonal power or acceelration, but allows the rider to avoid an unnessesary upshift on some parts of a racetrack.

But I know what you mean ...it's funny that a steet legal motorcycle can exceed all Legal US speed limits without ever shifting out of 1st gear or getting even close to redline.

Guest redinine

The fastest i've gone in my 98 is about 105, i gotta say the suspension isn't great lol. In my 90 maxima i've gone 145 which is what it tops at, mulitple times, and the handling was pretty good. The fastest i've gone around a curve is 100 racing some prick in a civic. A cop came behind us and grabbed him !!

Managed to push our '00 Prizm LSi to 105ish, but there wasn't much beyond that (and my wife gave me a mean look). default_smile I suppose I'd guess top speed at 110-115?

Held 130 for quite some time (Nevada) in my old Storm GSi. Wind noise was incredible, but the car was pretty stable.

Can't wait to open up my '04 GTO and hit the limiter ~160... haven't really done anything more than commute thus far. Sure feels stable at 100+ though!

I have a 01 toyota corolla 5 speed sport and I had the speedometer pegged as far as it would go and it kept going to about 120 +or- 5MPH, But with the car being governed at a certain speed as soon as it hit 120 or so I still had my foot on the gas but it slowed itself down about 5 MPH and have done it a few times since then. The car does not shake at all and has the best acceleration I have ever seen in a small car.Never had any problems with it.

Guest BIGTNEW

94 dx with 150k i can get going 110 but i dont want to push it any harder because i feel bad for her when i go that fast... shes not the car she use to be. i drive 90-95 on a regular basis and she has no problem with that.

Guest hanijamal

im in T.O

ive done the max...180Kms..quite frequently too..the car starts to shake a lil but if its a smooth road... dont really feel it.. its great... Luv my corolla

Hmm! Haven't really pushed the Corolla but often find I am doing 95mph without realising it which is a little surprising! I usually set the cruise control at 80mph which is the speed I am used to driving at (80mph is illegal but ignored on the motorways in the UK).

Fastest I have been is:

150mph on a tuned Suzuki RG500 (that was the clock speed) and I held it for about a second and then eased off (and my friend pAssed me.....nutter!). This was on the M62 in England in the early hours of the morning.

260kmh in an Audi driving from Germany through Switzerland to Italy and that was almost as scarey as being on the bike as the road was much twistier (even a 'straight' road seems twisty at that speed I guess).

260 kmh = 162mph I think.

And get this; I has people flashing their lights at me to move over - usually Ferrari's!

I use to have a 95 Z28 camaro. I had the speedometer pegged and kept going. I was doing about 155, 160.

Topic List