Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest search66

First... I admit I'm a dufus when it comes to cars or anything with working parts (I'm a UNIX engineer). default_smile

I've searched the board, and yes, I've read my manual... I blew the fuse of my cig lighter and my clock and radio no longer work.

No big deal, I'll change the fuse... I've looked everywhere, read everywhere and I still can't find the sucker. The manual says it's behind the sneaky compartment to the left of the stearing wheel and for the life of me, I don't see anything...

I actually ended up going to the Toyota dealership where I bought the car and they thought I was stupid, until they couldn't find it either... They talked to the service manager, and he was like: "Oh.. you have to take off the front dash..."

Bah... I can't even change my oil dangit... So, he wanted to charge me like $75 an hour to do this... and said it would take 2-hours to complete.

Anyway... Has anyone change a radio/cig fuse for a 2003 Corolla S? If so, how? Thanks!

Bikeman982

First... I admit I'm a dufus when it comes to cars or anything with working parts (I'm a UNIX engineer). default_smile

I've searched the board, and yes, I've read my manual... I blew the fuse of my cig lighter and my clock and radio no longer work.

No big deal, I'll change the fuse... I've looked everywhere, read everywhere and I still can't find the sucker. The manual says it's behind the sneaky compartment to the left of the stearing wheel and for the life of me, I don't see anything...

I actually ended up going to the Toyota dealership where I bought the car and they thought I was stupid, until they couldn't find it either... They talked to the service manager, and he was like: "Oh.. you have to take off the front dash..."

Bah... I can't even change my oil dangit... So, he wanted to charge me like $75 an hour to do this... and said it would take 2-hours to complete.

Anyway... Has anyone change a radio/cig fuse for a 2003 Corolla S? If so, how? Thanks!

That is where it is located on my generation cars. Doesn't your owner's manual specify where it is located for you??

That is where it is located on my generation cars. Doesn't your owner's manual specify where it is located for you??

I have the same problem! Mine's a '95 DX. Checked every dang fuse on the whole car, no luck! Had a nice stereo installed and then it started to go off and on as I drove. I figured it was a short in the radio wiring but the clock would die too. Eventually they both just stoppped. I have a feeling there was a short in the radio wiriing that blew an inline fuse (that popwered the clock too) before the "real" fuse on the panel blew. Both still dead as a doornail. Would love to get this one fixed.

Bikeman982

I have the same problem! Mine's a '95 DX. Checked every dang fuse on the whole car, no luck! Had a nice stereo installed and then it started to go off and on as I drove. I figured it was a short in the radio wiring but the clock would die too. Eventually they both just stoppped. I have a feeling there was a short in the radio wiriing that blew an inline fuse (that popwered the clock too) before the "real" fuse on the panel blew. Both still dead as a doornail. Would love to get this one fixed.

Take the center dash out and remove the radio. Get the color of the power wire and trace it back as far as you can. Check for inline fuses. Check the wiring schematic and it may give you a clue as to where it is located. Hope this helps.

Hey guys and girls, I have a 2000 Corolla CE. My son plugged in his inverter to power-up his computer on a trip and the wires on the inverter touched and started buzzing, next the cigarette lighter and the clock went out. The radio works but differently than original; that is it used to display the time when the ignition was turned on but now I have to turn the radio on, and when I turn the car off the radio stays on. I checked all the fuses and replaced each on under the hood but the condition remains the same. Does anyone know where the cigarette lighter fuse is? Pleezze...

Bikeman982

Hey guys and girls, I have a 2000 Corolla CE. My son plugged in his inverter to power-up his computer on a trip and the wires on the inverter touched and started buzzing, next the cigarette lighter and the clock went out. The radio works but differently than original; that is it used to display the time when the ignition was turned on but now I have to turn the radio on, and when I turn the car off the radio stays on. I checked all the fuses and replaced each on under the hood but the condition remains the same. Does anyone know where the cigarette lighter fuse is? Pleezze...

My wiring schematic says it is behind the right kick panel. It is a 20A fuse that controls Cig & Radio.

My wiring schematic says it is behind the right kick panel. It is a 20A fuse that controls Cig & Radio.

Hey Bikeman982, thanks for your help, but my Corolla doesn't have the fuse there. It just happened that I needed to bring my beauty in for an annual inspection and while there, I asked my garage tech to check for the cigarette/ clock fuse. I told him that I checked all the fuses under the hood but I could not find a fuse box inside. He asked me that if he found it, whether he should paint it flourescent orange so I could find it later; I told him yes. The fuse block is located behind the storage cubbie on the left of steering wheel. If one just opens the storage cubbie and lifts it straight up gently, the storage comes off and the fuse block is just behind in the opening. To get the storage back in, gently reverse the order, that is push down gently into the grooves and push in to lock in place. Btw, it is a 15A fuse; everything is back to normal. I hope that this ephipany helps everyone who is wondering where the other fuses are.

Bikeman982

Hey Bikeman982, thanks for your help, but my Corolla doesn't have the fuse there. It just happened that I needed to bring my beauty in for an annual inspection and while there, I asked my garage tech to check for the cigarette/ clock fuse. I told him that I checked all the fuses under the hood but I could not find a fuse box inside. He asked me that if he found it, whether he should paint it flourescent orange so I could find it later; I told him yes. The fuse block is located behind the storage cubbie on the left of steering wheel. If one just opens the storage cubbie and lifts it straight up gently, the storage comes off and the fuse block is just behind in the opening. To get the storage back in, gently reverse the order, that is push down gently into the grooves and push in to lock in place. Btw, it is a 15A fuse; everything is back to normal. I hope that this ephipany helps everyone who is wondering where the other fuses are.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you have it all fixed. The nerve of them - moving the fusebox around on us!

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)