Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Corolla 99 Header?

Guest megarob

hello,

i've been trying to find a performance header for my corolla 99, but i cannot find one. anyone seen one before, or owns one, please tell me where i could get them.

i've seen a bolt-on header for corolla 2000 on ebay, can i get that one instead?

Chances are - that will fit your model year. The 1998 to 2002 Corollas were basically the same thing - with a few running changes from year to year. 2000 models got a bump in power with VVT-i - 1998 and 1999 models didn't have this, but shouldn't be an issue with the exhaust. So you should be OK with 1998-2002 headers - but probably safer to go with the 1998-1999 model years.

Becareful with some of the headers that you see on Ebay - most look like someone made them in a shop and powder-coated them to make them look nice. You want to make sure that the headers are tuned to your car. Even with properly tuned headers - expect a significant power drop at low RPMs.

Most popular mods - Intake, cat-back exhausts, and headers make most gains at high RPMs. Numbers may look good on a dyno - but come up short on the street.

Good Luck.

Topic List