Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2003 Corolla Mirror

Guest TimR

I broke the drivers side mirror on my 2003 Corolla S.

Does anyone know where I can get a blue mirror? The mirrors on the S are painted.

The only ones I can find are black.

Thanks,

Tim

I broke the drivers side mirror on my 2003 Corolla S.

Does anyone know where I can get a blue mirror? The mirrors on the S are painted.

The only ones I can find are black.

Thanks,

Tim

Junk yard? It might be tough to find a vehicle that new in a junk yard though...

junkyard or ebay

Might check to see what a bodyshop would charge to paint a new one for you.

That's the rotten part of body colored mirrors, bumpers, etc.

Replacement parts must be painted to match.

Bikeman982

Probably too new for a junkyard, best bet is to get one painted or get a black one for both sides.

Guest TimR

I have located a few places to get a replacement.

Has anyone ever replaced a Mirror? Is it a pain, or is it pretty straight forward.

Thanks,

Tim

• 1,424 posts

Has anyone ever replaced a Mirror? Is it a pain, or is it pretty straight forward.

Thanks,

Tim

They are held on with double sided tape. All you have to do is position the tape on the car correctly, position the mirror over the tape and push and hold until the tape's andhesive has adhered the mirror to the car. Also, be sure you plug in the power mirror wiring before you put the mirror on, otherwise, it'll be hard to remove the mirror to re-attach the wiring.

Bikeman982

Thanks,

Tim

They are held on with double sided tape. All you have to do is position the tape on the car correctly, position the mirror over the tape and push and hold until the tape's andhesive has adhered the mirror to the car. Also, be sure you plug in the power mirror wiring before you put the mirror on, otherwise, it'll be hard to remove the mirror to re-attach the wiring.

Is the mirror held on by double-sided tape or is it just the reflective glass? I always thought the mirrors were bolted on. I have changed several of them and following the repair manual helped. You pop off the interior trim and unbolt the three nuts and pull the mirror off. If it is electric, be sure to unplug it. Installation is the reverse. Hope this helps.

• 1,424 posts

Thanks,

Tim

Is the mirror held on by double-sided tape or is it just the reflective glass? I always thought the mirrors were bolted on. I have changed several of them and following the repair manual helped. You pop off the interior trim and unbolt the three nuts and pull the mirror off. If it is electric, be sure to unplug it. Installation is the reverse. Hope this helps.

Maybe the ones on the Corolla are bolt on, but I know for a fact that the ones on my 1995 Chrysler were taped on, and I know for a fact that the ones on my Mom's '05 Camry are taped on. Either method is really easy, just see which one you have and follow one of our instructions.

Bikeman982

Thanks,

Tim

Maybe the ones on the Corolla are bolt on, but I know for a fact that the ones on my 1995 Chrysler were taped on, and I know for a fact that the ones on my Mom's '05 Camry are taped on. Either method is really easy, just see which one you have and follow one of our instructions.

Must be pretty strong double-sided tape.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)