Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Air Filter

Guest hypermod

Hi

I have a 1996 Corolla DX wagon. I bypAssed the smog intake and hooked a K&N filter directly to the air intake. It sounds good but I have a distinct feeling that there is now a lack of power. Should I just go back to stock or is there some obvious step I am missing?

Thanks

That is not suprising - also depends on how you bypAssed the air box. If just hooked the fliter to the throttle body directly - that would be the first problem. Remeber that better air intakes and exhaust systems really do help produce more power - but only at elevated RPMs and WOT - which most people will rarely be at anyway.

If you are missing the power - better to go back to stock. If you still want the "mod" you can always get a performance filter for the stock airbox.

Guest hypermod

Thanks fish

I noticed that; At higher RPMs it actually performed better, bit at lower RPMs is dogged. I just got a K&N for $5 at a motorcycle shop, they had huge boxes of them and were getting rid of them.

So I will be hooking the stock back up.

Thank you.

Guest PwnT

or you could just do like i did.. and if you're cheap like me.. i just found a long piece of plastic.. about 2 ft long and as big in circumfurence as the stock intake, and i bought a mushroom shaped filter for the cold/ram intakes for like 20 bucks. and i could really tell the difference between stock and the way i had it.. it had a lot more power

Topic List