Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Factory Fog Light Wiring For 2006 Ce...

by joshodonn, February 25, 2006

Hi there folks, I'm planning on installing fog lights on my 2006 CE. Does anyone know if the CE comes from the factory wired for fog lights? I read on a different auto forum that the LE comes with wiring for fog lights, even though the fog lights aren't standard. I'm hoping that the CE has this same feature, that way I can just replace the head light control switch on the steering column with another that has the fog light controls. If it's not wired that means I'm going to have to install the control switch that comes with the lights, and from what I've read that involves a lot more work than if the wiring pre-exists. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/info you might have regarding this issue!

• 1,424 posts
Hi there folks, I'm planning on installing fog lights on my 2006 CE. Does anyone know if the CE comes from the factory wired for fog lights? I read on a different auto forum that the LE comes with wiring for fog lights, even though the fog lights aren't standard. I'm hoping that the CE has this same feature, that way I can just replace the head light control switch on the steering column with another that has the fog light controls. If it's not wired that means I'm going to have to install the control switch that comes with the lights, and from what I've read that involves a lot more work than if the wiring pre-exists. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/info you might have regarding this issue!

Even if you have the wiring, you don't have the fuse in the fusebox for the fogs. You also won't have the correct headlamp switch. If you look carefully at the switch on a car with foglamps, you will see it is different from your switch. I don't have the wiring on my '05 LE, but others on here have seen the wiring on their '05 LE and CE Corollas. Just to be sure, I would check to see if the wiring existed on your car.

I am pretty sure a brief call to the dealer can answer your question on whether the CE wired for fog lights or not.

I bought aftermarket foglights for my 2006 LE on Ebay for about $100 shipped. This came with the exact fit foglights, ALL the wiring, zip ties, relay and even a switch that fits perfectly next to side view mirror locations. When I was under the car, I did see the plugs for the factory foglights so I am sure ALL Corolla's are pre-wired. But, you wont have the correct turn signal stalk or the toyota relay. I like the aftermarket one because everything is fused and it looks very professional looking. Whole job took about 2 hours.

I bought aftermarket foglights for my 2006 LE on Ebay for about $100 shipped. This came with the exact fit foglights, ALL the wiring, zip ties, relay and even a switch that fits perfectly next to side view mirror locations. When I was under the car, I did see the plugs for the factory foglights so I am sure ALL Corolla's are pre-wired. But, you wont have the correct turn signal stalk or the toyota relay. I like the aftermarket one because everything is fused and it looks very professional looking. Whole job took about 2 hours.

Was it a difficult install doing it this way? I'm most concerned about wiring everything correctly... I'm pretty naive when it comes to stuff like this and I don't want to screw anything up if I try it myself... I would like to try it on my own, as I enjoy teaching myself how to do stuff like this... However, I also don't want to wire something in correctly that could lead to problems down the road (i.e. shorts that could lead to a fire)

Bikeman982

Was it a difficult install doing it this way? I'm most concerned about wiring everything correctly... I'm pretty naive when it comes to stuff like this and I don't want to screw anything up if I try it myself... I would like to try it on my own, as I enjoy teaching myself how to do stuff like this... However, I also don't want to wire something in correctly that could lead to problems down the road (i.e. shorts that could lead to a fire)

The lights should come with instructions and a wiring diagram.

I think the pre-wiring depends on the trim and packages chosen for the car.

Bikeman982

I agree. Not all cars are set up with the wiring.

Nah, it wasn't difficult at all. I thought it would be too. The kit I got came with everything you need to complete the job. It did not come with a wiring manual but I am pretty savvy so I figured it out. I could furnish an instruction sheet. I have the wiring and repair manual for my car so everything is safe. I do see your point about worrying about wiring it correctly. Just make sure it is fused, use a multimeter and you should be fine. If all else fails, you can buy a kit and have a professional do it for you. I have to tell you though, the setup looks great and my visibility is much improved at night. (The sole reason I got the foglights).

Bikeman982

Nah, it wasn't difficult at all. I thought it would be too. The kit I got came with everything you need to complete the job. It did not come with a wiring manual but I am pretty savvy so I figured it out. I could furnish an instruction sheet. I have the wiring and repair manual for my car so everything is safe. I do see your point about worrying about wiring it correctly. Just make sure it is fused, use a multimeter and you should be fine. If all else fails, you can buy a kit and have a professional do it for you. I have to tell you though, the setup looks great and my visibility is much improved at night. (The sole reason I got the foglights).

You might have a more knowledgable friend help you with the installation.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)