Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest lsw00kor

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all. And thanks for reading my writing.

1) I own a '94 Toyota Corolla. And I'm a music nut.

Recently after upgrading whole sound system of my car, I've been thinking about quiten my car. I think I have 2 options.

1. Dynamat

2. Use of coating ( http://www.quietcoat.com/html/products.html )

I think 1. is very inconvenient and needs professional installation, including disAssembling all the parts of the car.

For 2., I think it may be troublesome, too, since it needs disassembly of all the major parts, too, such as doors. And it's very costly.

My personal opinion is that I buy 2. and use it to coat my car only partially.

Can anybody have this kind of experience?.....

2) I brought my Corolla to a Toyota dealer for A/C problem. They put dye in the A/C system, and could finally identify leaks from somewhere in the A/C line.

Is it any better to bring my car to any nearby repair shop, in terms of the cost? My problem is that, spending hundreds of dollars for a very old car may not be a sensible idea. I think I can have the A/C recharged every year with the same budget. Even if I spend hundreds of dollars fixing the A/C, I can't tell until the next year's summer so that I can tell it was really fixed.

Thanks. Good luck.

As for sound deadening - better to put on as much as possible. Partial applications can help with reducing resonance in the body - but won't sound as good as a full application. But still better than no sound deadening at all.

Keep in mind - this stuff is pretty heavy and will outgas slightly - I know personally that Dynamat has a peculiar odor.

As far as the AC goes - that will be OK, recharging every year - unless the leak gets worse, then back to fixing the AC line. Probably depends if you know that the car will be replaced soon - if so, then probably not worth the money now to fix it.

Good Luck.

Topic List