Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Does Honda Have Better Colors Than Toyotas?

by ycr99, February 14, 2006

I looked at a blue Corolla and a blue Civic, and I like the Civic's blue better.

I also like the light teal color of the Civic, but I think the current Cactus Mica is similar color.

I like the dark plum color Civic, but I have never seen those type of colors on the Corolla.

The 8th gen. had a decent maroon and dark teal color, but currently that's discontinued.

Bikeman982

I think they both have nice colors and it is a matter of personal taste and preference. My daughter has a tan Corolla and my wife drives a white one. I drive the wintergreen color and my son will be driving a white one. I sold a silver one and also a blue one. Cars can be painted , should you not like the color.

I sold a silver one and also a blue one. Cars can be painted , should you not like the color.
Not cheap though. A decent full repaint is around $1500.

And who's willing to paint a car to anything than its original color? My Corolla is sandrift (3M5). I like a light shade of blue as in a Prius, so if I go to a body shop (your usual fix your crashed ride type) and ask them to paint my car Seaside Pearl (8C2) - one of Prius' colors, are they going to sweep me out their door?

are they going to sweep me out their door?
Not if you pay them default_tongue If I keep my corolla long enough, I'll probably get it repainted some nice forest green at some point.

Bikeman982

I sold a silver one and also a blue one. Cars can be painted , should you not like the color.

Not cheap though. A decent full repaint is around $1500.

And who's willing to paint a car to anything than its original color? My Corolla is sandrift (3M5). I like a light shade of blue as in a Prius, so if I go to a body shop (your usual fix your crashed ride type) and ask them to paint my car Seaside Pearl (8C2) - one of Prius' colors, are they going to sweep me out their door?

It's true that if you are going to get a good paint job it will be expensive. You have to decide if it is worth the price. Whatever makes you happy.

White looks terrible. Too institutional looking. Also gets dirty all the time. Like a dirty ambulance.

That plum colour on the seventh generation is an abomination. Undignified.

Colours that look good: champagne, dark blue, red, black.

Silver is boring.

Bikeman982

White looks terrible. Too institutional looking. Also gets dirty all the time. Like a dirty ambulance.

That plum colour on the seventh generation is an abomination. Undignified.

Colours that look good: champagne, dark blue, red, black.

Silver is boring.

Everyone has their own personal taste and preference. I happen to have two white ones and a tan (is it champaigne?) and a wintergreen. I would rather have the blue, but none of the cars came with that color.

Like Bikerman said, everyone has their own tastes. I just happen to like the purple on some of the Hondas....

I don't like black b/c...it's not me. I don't like fire engine red, for the same reason.

If seafoam pearl is an option, I might get that.... silver is too general...it seems everyone owns a silver car :\

It just doesn't look like they have very many color options...

Bikeman982

The brighter the color of the car, the less chance of it getting into an accident.

It has greater visibility, people notice it and statistically it is involved in less accidents.

With that said, I think it is still a matter of personal tastes and preferences.

The brighter the color of the car, the less chance of it getting into an accident.

It has greater visibility, people notice it and statistically it is involved in less accidents.

Funny, I thought I read that the silver ones there less accident prone. Not exactly high visibility. Maybe driver attitude/age has something to do with it as well?

Bikeman982

Funny, I thought I read that the silver ones there less accident prone. Not exactly high visibility. Maybe driver attitude/age has something to do with it as well?

I have never read that silver are involved in less accidents. I would think they were involved in a lower percentage of accidents than less visible colors, however. Maybe the majority of drivers who have silver cars are older and more mature (and maybe more conservative) drivers than some of the other colors? Could be true.

I guess the next Corolla I get will either be purple (concord grape/wine) or seafoam mist.

I don't want an earthtone color...

I did like the pearlescent hint of green that was in some Corollas (I think used in Kay cars)

I think the purple one was a custom or limited ed.

Max

I read that silver cars are more likely to be in accidents, especially on cloudy days and at twilight. The theory was that they are hard to see. Who knows, really. I have a bright red car that was rear-ended on a nice, clear day by somebody who saw me just fine. Seeing a car clearly doesn't help a bit when somebody decides to tailgate and can't stop in time.

Bikeman982

I read that silver cars are more likely to be in accidents, especially on cloudy days and at twilight. The theory was that they are hard to see. Who knows, really. I have a bright red car that was rear-ended on a nice, clear day by somebody who saw me just fine. Seeing a car clearly doesn't help a bit when somebody decides to tailgate and can't stop in time.
That's very true about tailgaters. They can also cause multiple car pile-ups on the freeways (highways). The statistics are still true that more visible cars tend to be less involved in accidents but they can happen to anyone at anytime.

THat's true...

Bikeman982

THat's true...
It's always the other guys fault!

• 1,424 posts

I don't buy any stat that says one color car is less likely to get hit than any other. What causes cars to get hit is that people don't pay attention. It makes me so mad sometimes to see how little attention people pay to driving. It is the only activity a typical person does on a daily basis that is truly dangerous, and some treat it so cavalierly. For instance, this summer on one of my 47 mile commutes from work to home, I see this Semi in the left lane of I-71 North going 48 mph. I go to pass it, but when I get towards the truck's front, I see that there is this woman driving a Chevy Malibu, talking on her phone going 48 mph in a 65 mph zone right in front of the truck. This truck is literally three feet off her rear bumper and she didn't even notice. After several miles of this arrangement, the trucker backs off, and motions that it is ok for me to get in-front of him. So I do, I get behind this lady and all of the sudden, she looks up, sees me on her ######, and jerks the wheel to the right. This stupid woman failed to notice that she was going almost 20 mph under the speed limit in the left lane, she failed to notice a MAC truck 3 feet off her bumper, and failed to notice that she wasn't holding her lane very well. All this because she was on the phone, because as soon as she hung up, she sure noticed my little black Mazda on her butt. People who treat driving like this are what causes accidents.

That is true, but the main topic was comparing paint color used by Toyota vs. Honda.

I compared their blues and their blues were different, I was wanting to know if they used a different formula and if it would be possible to use a Honda color coding for a Corolla...

(and figure out how I'd get that...I am sure it's secretly gaurded).

• 1,424 posts
That is true, but the main topic was comparing paint color used by Toyota vs. Honda.

I compared their blues and their blues were different, I was wanting to know if they used a different formula and if it would be possible to use a Honda color coding for a Corolla...

(and figure out how I'd get that...I am sure it's secretly gaurded).

They most certainly use a different formula. All car colors that aren't the same paint code are different formulas. You can get the paint codes at a body shop. If you go to them and ask for the paint code for eternal blue pearl (or whatever Honda's blue is), they can give it to you, and they can paint your Toyota in it if you are willing to pay enough. I know people who have used Mercedes colors on their Ford Mustangs and BMW colors on their Chryslers. They just had to pay a lot to get this done. Also, it isn't possible to get a Corolla in a Honda color from the factory, which I know is stating the obvious.

If you don't want to go to a body shop but still want the Honda Color code for whatever reason, click HERE and enter the model make and year. It will bring up a list of colors and their codes.

Hope this is a more helpful addition to your topic.

That is an awesome addition. I truly appreciate it.

Now to find that color code!

Bikeman982

I don't buy any stat that says one color car is less likely to get hit than any other. What causes cars to get hit is that people don't pay attention. It makes me so mad sometimes to see how little attention people pay to driving. It is the only activity a typical person does on a daily basis that is truly dangerous, and some treat it so cavalierly. For instance, this summer on one of my 47 mile commutes from work to home, I see this Semi in the left lane of I-71 North going 48 mph. I go to pass it, but when I get towards the truck's front, I see that there is this woman driving a Chevy Malibu, talking on her phone going 48 mph in a 65 mph zone right in front of the truck. This truck is literally three feet off her rear bumper and she didn't even notice. After several miles of this arrangement, the trucker backs off, and motions that it is ok for me to get in-front of him. So I do, I get behind this lady and all of the sudden, she looks up, sees me on her ######, and jerks the wheel to the right. This stupid woman failed to notice that she was going almost 20 mph under the speed limit in the left lane, she failed to notice a MAC truck 3 feet off her bumper, and failed to notice that she wasn't holding her lane very well. All this because she was on the phone, because as soon as she hung up, she sure noticed my little black Mazda on her butt. People who treat driving like this are what causes accidents.
Sounds typical. Maybe the statistics will change after a few more years of cell phone use. Some states have started to regulate their use, others are sure to follow. I definitely epathize about bad drivers. Some have no clue as to where to be on the road. "See the lane on the right, if you are not passing someone, that's where you are supposed to be!!" That is said on my radio station everyday and still people are just ignorant and drive slow in the fast lane.

Topic List