Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By listoff, February 13, 2006

Hello. I have a 2003 LE with remote locks. I overheard someone at the dealership say, "why don't you just set the horn to honk when you lock your doors" to some guy who I'm pretty sure was driving a new Corolla. I didn't know this was possible. Unless he wasn't talking about a Corolla...

My 2003 is silent when I lock the doors, only flashing the parking lights. Is there a way to make the horn give a quick honk when I remotely lock the doors? I just like hearing it. Or, did I misinterperate what the guy said?

Thanks,

Mike

If you have the Toyota VIP alarm system - then there is a way to do it, complicated, but you can do it - series of button presses and key insertions and turning.

If it is just keyless entry - depends on model year. I believe 2003+ Corolla/Matrix can do it, not sure on the 8th gen Corollas - but I'm pretty sure they have to be set at the controller module - can't change the modes with just the key and remote (at least with my documentation here).

Bikeman982

Hello. I have a 2003 LE with remote locks. I overheard someone at the dealership say, "why don't you just set the horn to honk when you lock your doors" to some guy who I'm pretty sure was driving a new Corolla. I didn't know this was possible. Unless he wasn't talking about a Corolla...

My 2003 is silent when I lock the doors, only flashing the parking lights. Is there a way to make the horn give a quick honk when I remotely lock the doors? I just like hearing it. Or, did I misinterperate what the guy said?

Thanks,

Mike

My daughter has a remote door lock for her car and it gives off a kind of chirp when the doors are locked. It is better than the horn beep.

Bikerman: I should like to see a pic of your family of Corollas someday

I wonder if anyone has a guiness world record for most Corollas owned at once?

Bikeman982

Bikerman: I should like to see a pic of your family of Corollas someday

I wonder if anyone has a guiness world record for most Corollas owned at once?

Do you have an email address? You can e-mail me at Bikeman982@hotmail.com and I can send you some pictures. I am sure there must be someone who owns more.

My daughter has a remote door lock for her car and it gives off a kind of chirp when the doors are locked. It is better than the horn beep.

That's cool. A chirp works for me. Does she have a 2003 or newer? To answer an above question, I just have standard keyless entry. Does anyone know the steps to make it happen?

Thanks again!

Mike

Mine chirps when I lock it too. Mine has a PAS. I think the window sticker said something like VIA or PAS (I don't remember)

I do know it has stickers on the front side windows in a corner that lets people know it's equipped w/an alarm system. As written in another post, which I asked this same sort of question, a car will only honk/chirp w/an alarm system installed.

My friend owns a 05 LE, w/o an alarm, w/standard keyless entry. I have a 99 LE w/ keyless entry and alarm.

Someday I will buy one w/alarm and keyless entry w/actual symbols representing the buttons instead my mystery console. (But I only have 2 options...only 2 buttons..one's bumpy, braille looking, the other one is smooth. I believe smooth one activates alarm or how the alarm goes off..) Sometimes it's a high pitch chirp, other times it's the lights flashing and horn going crazy

Altho' the Corolla horn is laughable at best....

Bikeman982

My car has electric door locks but I only have a standard key. I know it used to have a keyless entry but I bought the car used and don't have it. It would be convenient to have the keyless entry. I wouldn't really need an alarm system, since I never leave anything valuable in the car and it is worth more from insurance if stolen, then I paid for it on e-Bay.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)