Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Stereo Upgrade For Corolla 2001 Le

Guest tubcorrolla

iam want to now if the corrolla 2001 the size of the front speaker is 6.5

and

what do you say about this speaker for rear ( BOSS IQ690 6X9 ) {i now that i have to make a hole}

i am say about the quality of those speaker

Bikeman982

iam want to now if the corrolla 2001 the size of the front speaker is 6.5and

what do you say about this speaker for rear ( BOSS IQ690 6X9 ) {i now that i have to make a hole}

I have never had to replace my front speakers, or the rear ones. The system sounds fine the way it is. You can always take the door panel off and measure one.

You can fit up to a 6.5 in the front doors. As for the other speakers, I've never heard of them so I can't say if they're any good or not.

Bikeman982

You can fit up to a 6.5 in the front doors. As for the other speakers, I've never heard of them so I can't say if they're any good or not.
What size are the stock speakers in the doors? I have never measured them.

I would think any aftermarket speakers could outperform stock ones.

How about those Red Wings!!

What size are the stock speakers in the doors? I have never measured them.

I would think any aftermarket speakers could outperform stock ones.

How about those Red Wings!!

If I remember, 5.25" front and 6.5" rear.

I never needed to change speakers on mine. All I did was swap in a JVC headunit for its functionalities.

• 1,424 posts
iam want to now if the corrolla 2001 the size of the front speaker is 6.5and

6.5 or 5.25 Front

6.5 or 5.25 Rear

This is if you want to mount the speakers without modifying the rear deck or front door panels. If you don't care about modifying the rear deck, then 6x9 should fit. AFAIK, there are actually spots, or things that could be spots in the rear deck that can hold 6x9 speakers.

Boss speakers aren't the best, but they are certainly 2x to 3x better in terms of quality and longevity at high volume and bass than the stock speakers.

Bikeman982

Some people I have seen actually put speakers mounted in boxes in their trunk and also have amplifiers to boost their signals. They have the system capable of getting so loud that it seems like their car would be bouncing with the beat of the music. To me that is overkill (and it also hurts my ears when I am close), but they like it that way.

If you have the right tools, no job is too difficult. I'm not sure what the holes look like in the rear deck for speaker placement, I just know what the OEM size is and what will fit. The stock speakers in the front are 5.25, but can take up to a 6.5 or some 6.75s.

As for what you can do to get better sound, it's really easy and can be done pretty cheap.

IF you start looking at differnent speakers look for their sensitivety rating. The more sensitive they are the more efficient they are. In other words....they will sound louder on less power and respond better. A typical sensitivity rating is about 90 or 91 on a good quality speaker. If you're not going to add an amplifier, then you don't need to worry about their power ratings because your head unit, stock or aftermarket, will not even come close to overpowering them.

You can get really good speakers for as little as $50 or $60 (Pioneer, Kenwood). Of course you could also spend as much as $350 to $500 (Boston Acustics, Focal, MB Quart) depending on your tastes, but if you're not looking to win trophies stick with brands like the Pioneer or Kenwood. If you want to spend a little more go for the Infinity or Alpine. Alpine are actually pretty reasonable and can be had for about $70.

I would reccomend swapping out that head unit for a nice aftermarket one too. The sound is much better and you can get nice features like sattelite radio and MP3 playback. I like the MP3 option. I can fit about 12 hours of music on one disc. I drove from Virginia to the UP of Michigan and listened to a total of two CDs...never heard the same song twice. You can get a decent head unit for less that $200.

My personal set up is an Alpine CDA 9847 Head Unit with Sirius Sat Radio

Polk Audio 5.25s in the front doors

Polk Audio 6x9s in the rear deck

Alpine amp driving all the speakers

Bazooka 6.5 200 watt basstube in the trunk

This set up sounds really nice, but not so loud that other people will hear me coming down the block.

Just my $.02 worth.

Best record in the NHL......REDWINGS!!! They swept the Avalanche....very nice. default_smile

Bikeman982

If you have the right tools, no job is too difficult. I'm not sure what the holes look like in the rear deck for speaker placement, I just know what the OEM size is and what will fit. The stock speakers in the front are 5.25, but can take up to a 6.5 or some 6.75s.

As for what you can do to get better sound, it's really easy and can be done pretty cheap.

IF you start looking at differnent speakers look for their sensitivety rating. The more sensitive they are the more efficient they are. In other words....they will sound louder on less power and respond better. A typical sensitivity rating is about 90 or 91 on a good quality speaker. If you're not going to add an amplifier, then you don't need to worry about their power ratings because your head unit, stock or aftermarket, will not even come close to overpowering them.

You can get really good speakers for as little as $50 or $60 (Pioneer, Kenwood). Of course you could also spend as much as $350 to $500 (Boston Acustics, Focal, MB Quart) depending on your tastes, but if you're not looking to win trophies stick with brands like the Pioneer or Kenwood. If you want to spend a little more go for the Infinity or Alpine. Alpine are actually pretty reasonable and can be had for about $70.

I would reccomend swapping out that head unit for a nice aftermarket one too. The sound is much better and you can get nice features like sattelite radio and MP3 playback. I like the MP3 option. I can fit about 12 hours of music on one disc. I drove from Virginia to the UP of Michigan and listened to a total of two CDs...never heard the same song twice. You can get a decent head unit for less that $200.

My personal set up is an Alpine CDA 9847 Head Unit with Sirius Sat Radio

Polk Audio 5.25s in the front doors

Polk Audio 6x9s in the rear deck

Alpine amp driving all the speakers

Bazooka 6.5 200 watt basstube in the trunk

This set up sounds really nice, but not so loud that other people will hear me coming down the block.

Just my $.02 worth.

Best record in the NHL......REDWINGS!!! They swept the Avalanche....very nice. default_smile

Gee Ralphie, you sure have a nice sounding stereo. Maybe sometime you can come over and help me set up mine? How much did your system run you??

Stanley cup champions again?

Don't forget the small tweeters if you're going to upgrade your system. My CE didn't come with the tweeters in the corner of the window and they were my last speakers I installed, but what a huge difference to the sound they make! I did have to buy new corner grills from Toyota that are stock on the sport models and had to do a bit of customizing to make the speakers fit perfectly into the spot in the grill for them, but it was completely worth it.

Gee Ralphie, you sure have a nice sounding stereo. Maybe sometime you can come over and help me set up mine? How much did your system run you??

I hope so. They're playing really well right now and Legace is doing a great job in net. Osgood as a backup is pretty awesome considering he's won a cup with them before. As long as they can avoid injury in the second half of the season I think they have an excellent chance.

I didn't do my whole set up at once, more like one part a month to keep the cost down and avoid using the credit card. The head unit was $199 and the most expensive part. Front speakers were $80 from Crutchfiled so I could get the adapter rings/mounts for free. The rear speakers and the Bazooka were from E-Bay....both new, speakers for $70 and the Bazooka for $100. The amp was also bought on E-Bay...but it was a few years ago and I can't remember how much I spent on it. The Sirius Sat radio I got for $69 after the rebate....although right now it's in the Jeep....wife likes it too.

I'll be more than happy to send pictures of it or help out if I can...as for the trip to Vacaville...not so sure about that one. My wife is in Yuba City (east of Sac) and I'm going out there at the end of the month to pick her up and drive back here to Virginia. That should be about the last of my California trips for a while.

Don't forget the small tweeters if you're going to upgrade your system. My CE didn't come with the tweeters in the corner of the window and they were my last speakers I installed, but what a huge difference to the sound they make! I did have to buy new corner grills from Toyota that are stock on the sport models and had to do a bit of customizing to make the speakers fit perfectly into the spot in the grill for them, but it was completely worth it.

A good point about the tweeters. If you want a direct replacement go with a .75 inch tweeter versus a 1 inch, or you'll be doing some customizing....but like he says....worth it.

Bikeman982

I hope so. They're playing really well right now and Legace is doing a great job in net. Osgood as a backup is pretty awesome considering he's won a cup with them before. As long as they can avoid injury in the second half of the season I think they have an excellent chance.

I didn't do my whole set up at once, more like one part a month to keep the cost down and avoid using the credit card. The head unit was $199 and the most expensive part. Front speakers were $80 from Crutchfiled so I could get the adapter rings/mounts for free. The rear speakers and the Bazooka were from E-Bay....both new, speakers for $70 and the Bazooka for $100. The amp was also bought on E-Bay...but it was a few years ago and I can't remember how much I spent on it. The Sirius Sat radio I got for $69 after the rebate....although right now it's in the Jeep....wife likes it too.

I'll be more than happy to send pictures of it or help out if I can...as for the trip to Vacaville...not so sure about that one. My wife is in Yuba City (east of Sac) and I'm going out there at the end of the month to pick her up and drive back here to Virginia. That should be about the last of my California trips for a while.

A good point about the tweeters. If you want a direct replacement go with a .75 inch tweeter versus a 1 inch, or you'll be doing some customizing....but like he says....worth it.

Maybe we can get together. I am in Roseville from the 21st until March sometime. That is pretty close to Yuba City. I would like to see the setup and hear it of course.

Maybe we can get together. I am in Roseville from the 21st until March sometime. That is pretty close to Yuba City. I would like to see the setup and hear it of course.

Unfortunately I'll be flying from Virginia to California (fortunate for me I guess) then driving the wife's car back to Virginia. The Toyota will be 3000 miles away.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)