Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2006 Avalon

by tracey, February 9, 2006

I've fallen in love with the third-generation Toyota Avalon ever since first spotting its rear in traffic a few months ago!

Here are some pictures if you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.toyota.com/avalon/exterior.html

Do you like it, too? I think it's one of the most beautiful cars on the road now. I even love its exterior more than previous Corollas! Have I lost my mind? My first true love will always be the Corolla, though.

Bikeman982

I've fallen in love with the third-generation Toyota Avalon ever since first spotting its rear in traffic a few months ago!

Here are some pictures if you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.toyota.com/avalon/exterior.html

Do you like it, too? I think it's one of the most beautiful cars on the road now. I even love its exterior more than previous Corollas! Have I lost my mind? My first true love will always be the Corolla, though.

Thou are free to drive that which pleases thee.

Actually, I've been seeing more and more of them and have fallen out of love with them. Compared to the previous Avalon, it is gorgeous, but still a little awkward-looking. Of course, the current Corolla isn't perfect, either.

Max

I like the new Avalon, but I really like the new Camry. I wonder if the new Corolla (due early next year) will follow the same lines as these two new models.

Ti-Jean

For my money, a '07 Camry V6 would be a much better buy.

Comes with the same powerful 3.5l V6, it is lighter and more nimble and has the new 6 speed automatic, whereas the Avalon still comes with the 5 speed.

For these reasons, the Avalon is bound to take a back seat to its more plebeian family member and attract mostly retired folks migrating from big american cars who can afford and want to be seen in the "biggest and most luxurious" Toyota.

g'day,

as what i have read in one of the motoring magazine here in australia. the camry and the avalon shares the same floor pan.

rey t

Bikeman982

I currently prefer the look of the 7th generation Corolla's (as you can tell from the family's collection). I wish I had discovered them sooner. It may have been more expensive, but they would have been a little newer.

I too like the current gen. Corolla (9th), for it's "cute" factor. I like the 2006 Avalon for it's "elegance" factor, but IMO I think it's just a dressed up Solara.

And afterall, a Solara is really just a dressed up Camry.

But I have yet to ride in the new ger. Toyotas aside from Corolla...

Bikeman982

Avalon's are good looking, but I saved some money by just getting a Corolla.

Of course riding in a Corolla is good if there are 2 moderate sized adults and 2 young 'uns...,but you'd better move up to a Camry or Avalon if you want to seat 5 people comfortably...

Max

My Corolla seats four adults quite comfortably, and five not badly. And Solara is not just a dressed up Camry, it IS a Camry with two doors. Its real name is "Camry Solara," and it is available as a convertible.

Bikeman982

Of course riding in a Corolla is good if there are 2 moderate sized adults and 2 young 'uns...,but you'd better move up to a Camry or Avalon if you want to seat 5 people comfortably...
I am usually the only one in my car when driving. Plenty of room.

Yep,the Solara is a Camry, with a bubble butt, two-doors, convertible option if you want, hence it's a "dressed up Camry".

sure 4 people can fit in the new Corolla comfortably. The new Corolla's bigger than the 8th gen and previous. You couldn't say that about the previous generations...

both Corolla and Civic are just fine for the lone driver, or for 2 people...3 or 4 if you must...

Bikeman982

Yep,the Solara is a Camry, with a bubble butt, two-doors, convertible option if you want, hence it's a "dressed up Camry".

sure 4 people can fit in the new Corolla comfortably. The new Corolla's bigger than the 8th gen and previous. You couldn't say that about the previous generations...

both Corolla and Civic are just fine for the lone driver, or for 2 people...3 or 4 if you must...

Depends on how big the people are!!

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)