Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest Racket_Man

Replacing The Factory Radio 97

Guest Racket_Man

Guest Racket_Man

I have just recently aquired a 1997 Corolla CE and I want to replace the factory radio (actually does not work all that well as the pot for the volumn control is bad sound cuts in and out when volumn is adjusted) with stereo from my previous vehicle. Can anyone guide me through this installation or provide a web site with the proper installation instructions? Installdr.com does not have the guide for the 97 so I have tried looking there already.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you purchase your headunit through crutchfield.com, they will send you the printout of your car and how to install the speakers and Headunit. I highly recommend that you purchase from them if you are a newbie, they also offer free lifetime tech support and free harness/installation kit (costs about 20 bux)

Guest Racket_Man

Guest Racket_Man

Thanks for the advice, but I already have a decent car stereo from my old vehicle and with finances that is what I am forced to install in the Corolla. I have installed car audio stuff before but this one sort of stimees me as I can not figure out a way to get the bezel/faceplate off and I do not want to just start ripping and tearing and ruining the console's appearence or teaing stuff up.

All I know as of now is there is two screws in the top bezel/faceplate that I assume holds it in place. I have tried to gently pull the bezel off but it seems there are more things holding it in place and I do not want to break or pry stuff that may not have anything to do with the bezel.

You can just order a wire harness and they will send you the sheets to do the install as well. Plus help you install it as well (over the phone)

There may be two retaining clips at the corners of the faceplate trim piece which could be unfastened with a screwdriver. Also maybe some of the knobs for the climate controls need to be removed.

Topic List