Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

The Autozone Organization

by Bikeman982, January 29, 2006

Bikeman982

I am doing research on the AutoZone organization and am seeking any feedback from people doing business with them. Have they met with your expectations? Did you have a good or bad experience with them? Would you recommend them to friends? What do the do right/wrong?? What can they do to improve? How do they compare to their competitors??

Most stores I've been to appear to be privately owned. I've never been impressed by the service. They don't carry air filters for my '04 Accord (second best selling car in the US) But that could be because I live in Iowa where it's barely in the top 10 and most owners go to the dealer.

Bikeman982

Most stores I've been to appear to be privately owned. I've never been impressed by the service. They don't carry air filters for my '04 Accord (second best selling car in the US) But that could be because I live in Iowa where it's barely in the top 10 and most owners go to the dealer.
Are there other autoparts places in your area that you could go to instead? Can you special order from them and have them stock the air filter you use?

• 1,424 posts

What I know about the Autozone in my area is that everytime I go in there to get wiper blades, light bulbs, etc., they don't have any of my cars in their books. I have to wait in line to ask the parts guy to look stuff up in the computer. I think they could have more recent info, considering one of my cars is a 2004. The newest any of their books goes to is 2000. I find this to be a major hassle. Plus, I know that some things in their parts database are incorrect. If you go and they tell you something that seems incorrect, be sure to look at it really carefully and make sure it is right.

However, Autozone can be a good place to get parts if you get name brand ones, and your particular store keeps current on stuff.

Bikeman982

What I know about the Autozone in my area is that everytime I go in there to get wiper blades, light bulbs, etc., they don't have any of my cars in their books. I have to wait in line to ask the parts guy to look stuff up in the computer. I think they could have more recent info, considering one of my cars is a 2004. The newest any of their books goes to is 2000. I find this to be a major hassle. Plus, I know that some things in their parts database are incorrect. If you go and they tell you something that seems incorrect, be sure to look at it really carefully and make sure it is right.

However, Autozone can be a good place to get parts if you get name brand ones, and your particular store keeps current on stuff.

So the books they have available to the public to check their parts for the cars are not up to date? Is there usually a line at the store you go to? AutoZone is supposed to put the customer first and if there is a long line, do they do anything to help you, or keep you from waiting too long?

If it were me and they had to look up the part, I would keep a history of it and not have to wait the next time I needed the same part. I usually bring in my old parts and verify that they are identical when purchasing a replacement. It has saved me some time when they are not what I needed.

One thing I like about the Autozone organization is that they have put repair guides on the web.

• 1,424 posts

So the books they have available to the public to check their parts for the cars are not up to date? Is there usually a line at the store you go to? AutoZone is supposed to put the customer first and if there is a long line, do they do anything to help you, or keep you from waiting too long?

If it were me and they had to look up the part, I would keep a history of it and not have to wait the next time I needed the same part. I usually bring in my old parts and verify that they are identical when purchasing a replacement. It has saved me some time when they are not what I needed.

I mostly replace wiper blades and air filters. I would just let the dealer do it, but they put on cheaper parts than I like, and they charge 70 dollars to put new wiper blades on the car. When ever I go to Autozone, there is a line. I was at Autozone on Saturday night at 9:30 p.m. and I had to wait in line for 10 minutes. We have three cars, all of which take different wiperblades, air filters, etc. We hardly keep a car three years, and so it is hard to get used to what goes on which car. That is really true right now since the Mazda is the oldest car we have and it is a 2004 which we purchased new 11 months ago. It is only on it's second set of wiper blades, the first ones were replaced by the dealer under warranty since they were defective. My Corolla and my Mom's Camry haven't needed anything other than oil changes done yet, so I have no clue what they take. I did know this stuff for my car, but now that we don't have cars assigned to individuals anymore and we just drive whatever suits our needs at the time, it is hard to know what car you will be driving at anytime, and thus more difficult to know what each car needs.

I am doing research on the AutoZone organization and am seeking any feedback from people doing business with them. Have they met with your expectations? Did you have a good or bad experience with them? Would you recommend them to friends? What do the do right/wrong?? What can they do to improve? How do they compare to their competitors??

I rarely use Autozone. I have found that they rarely carry their good name brand parts in the store. Normally they just carry the cheap stuff and then you have to wait 3 to 5 days for the good stuff to be delivered. But at least they don't charge for the special order like Pep Boys does.

Typically I use O'Reillys, they almost always carry the better name brand stuff in stock.

They cost a little more, but I pretty much only use Napa if I don't get OE parts. If you find a major Napa store (with a warehouse attached), they tend to have a LOT of stuff. Aside from parts for your car, they have lots of tools. They don't look like they have much, but if it's a big store, they have it all.

I used to go to other stores cause the Napa wasn't real close to home, but time and time again, Napa had what I needed in stock. Strange things too like exhaust gaskets for my CRX, a PS pump for my Galant VR4.

I'll stop in at autozone for oil if it's the closest store, or whatever, but anymore, I never acually plan on going. I'll only get prepackaged goods, no more autozone crapo parts for me. A large Napa store is nice cause a lot of times, they have stuff in that the dealer parts deparment doesn't.

If you know you'll need a part in advance, it's probably better to order from a online Toyota parts dealer. They will be cheaper then the local dealer.

Bikeman982

I have a Kragen's right around the corner from me and I usually get my parts from them. It is mighty convenient when I am working on a car and can't drive it. I just walk to Kragens. I have an Autozone down the street and if Kragen does not have the part I give them a try. What I like about them is that they rent out tools sometimes. I have heard that they also can check CEL codes and reset them as well. I have bought a few parts from them.

Topic List