Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Heavy Vibration

by induction1, May 26, 2004

when i roll down the rear window(s) on the 2004 corolla (and keep the front windows up) and drive above 50 mph the car shudders very violently. it literally feels as though there is a helicopter on the roof and it only gest worse the faster i go. any similar probs? i wonder if there are any solutions?

Solution? Try a different window configuration. Crack the fronts maybe.

I think this buffeting action is "normal" or common anyway. Just one of those idiosyncracies due to conflicting air pressure zones. IMHO.

I agree with Ghost - try it in different conditions - with AC, without, try running the vent, just experiment - probably nothing to worry about. I run a roof rack to carry some stuff back from the hardware store - even when not loaded, tremendous amount of buffeting from the rack - even with the diffuser infront of it - just aerodynamics.

Good Luck.

Guest rudyossanchez

default_cool hey guys thats the wind hitting the rear window. its like and air bag that is being form and explote all the time. it is normal. the solution,. roll your front windows down just a little. that should do it.

My mom HATED it when I rolled the rear window down in the '76 Corolla wagon... I couldn't hear it where I was, but she could... in my '65 Dart, the same thing happened. '86 Corolla... '01 Corolla... That's just how it is, apparently...

Guest davidkd

experienced this "shuttering" but it has nothing to do with the vehicle moving. When just the back windows are down the pressure in the vehicle changes violently back and forth causing your ear system to go nuts. I am suprised that the designers let this one slip by, as no other car has this problem, it is just the design of the vehicle that causes this.

Topic List