Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

audio input

by induction1, May 24, 2004

i'd like to have a dvd/mp3 receiver so i could have all of my songs on one disc, but i'm satisfied with the stock player. anyway i was wondering if there was some sort of audio input on a 2004 w/ six speakers so that i could plug in an mp3 player. i want to get a dell jukebox, but if this wont work than i would have to go with the new receiver. is there an input and if so, where? any other advice?? thanks alot.

That OEM system has a good chance that it could have RCA inputs. Getting to them may be a different matter - since the OEM units uses a proprietary connector on the back. If your lucky - it may already be there - but ususaly you have to go the dealer and get the correct wiring harness or plug. You could also wire it yourself, if you have the pin outs handy. Even with the JBL units that they offer - you would still run into a problem with the wiring. Because Toyota already has a changer available for your unit - you should be able to get those RCA inputs.

Luckily for you - you got the OEM system instead of the JBL. Like the BOSE system in Nissans and Mazdas- if you replace the headunit - more than half of the time - have to replace all the other wiring from the headunit to the speakers. Buddy had a Mazda RX-7 with the optional BOSE - replaced the speakers and headunit for more power - sound was OK but not 100% (I have a similar setup in a Camry). Pulled the wiring - BOSE had put in-line filters onto the wiring to bandpass the OEM speakers matched to the crossover in the OEM amp. Pulled the wiring, pulled the amp - sounds like it should.

Good Luck.

Dai_Shan

Induction1 have you had any issues with your player skipin past songs on burned CD's?

Have you found any way to have the title of the songs scroll (just a long shot...haha)

I have been looking at picking up a cheaper MP3 CD player also for my new S. Pioneer makes model for 160 or 70 and it has a nice blue display iwth some greenish buttons(would make the S interior perfect...little blue, little green)

You pretty happy with your speakers and reciever? I think its pretty nice personally. Nice highs and lows...havn't pushed it that much...but makes my mirrors shake nicely. default_smile

no special fx with the stock radio here; haven't played any burned cds yet. pretty decent for being standard 6 speaker: satisfied. i have a panasonic mp3cd in the other car; quite nice (blue background, white text, red lit buttons). anyway, i saw the double din installation in the corolla on someone's site. lots of work and looks kind of tacky, to me anyway.

Dai_Shan

double din?

double din?

A DIN is the standard unit if size for most modern mobile audio systems. Fits rectangular openings that are approximately 2" x 7" in size. Double DIN is just twice that - 4" x 7" - popular in some domestics and some imports without the storage tray under the OEM headunit.

Topic List