Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2006 Corolla Owners Manual

Guest David Thornton

I've just bought a 2006 Corolla sedan, automatic transmission, in Turkey, where I live, and naturally the only manual available is in Turkish -- I can translate the manual slowly, but I'd prefer something which I can refer to more easily. I'm very new to this car business (I'm 41 but only just learned how to drive!), so I apologize if this is a silly question: is it possible to get an English-language version of the manual (2006 or earlier) on the web for free, as long as it's legal of course! I've browsed various Toyota web-sites but with no luck. Otherwise, I assume manuals or books can be bought via amazon?

What kind of information are you looking for? You might want to go back to the dealer you got the car from and ask them so you get a manual for your car in english. A US spec manual might be bad. Your car might use different gas, oil, ect. Cars are tunned differently all over the globe and they are going to have different needs.

Guest David Thornton

OK, I guess that makes sense, though whether they'll be able to get me a manual in English for the Turkish-made Toyotas is uncertain. I'll ask again. I'm basically after something which tells me about the main features of the car -- some of which will be the same all over the world, I assume, or maybe I'm wrong in this...

• 1,424 posts
OK, I guess that makes sense, though whether they'll be able to get me a manual in English for the Turkish-made Toyotas is uncertain. I'll ask again. I'm basically after something which tells me about the main features of the car -- some of which will be the same all over the world, I assume, or maybe I'm wrong in this...

Toyotas in other parts of the world don't have the same transmissions, engines, capacities, body styles, etc. I doubt a US spec manual would do you any good. You would be better off getting a Euro spec manual in English, as the Euro spec car would be closer to your car than your car is to our cars.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)