Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest g_costanza

Guest g_costanza

Guest g_costanza

** Sorry MODS, wrong place the first time **

1992 Corolla:

Recently installed an aftermarket headunit and speakers in the car. After I put everything back, two things happen:

1) all interior lighting (speedometer cluster, A/C cluster, and auto shifter cluster) all lose power. there are no lights when i turn the lights on.

2) my tail light fuse keeps burning out. one of my front signal lamps blew out too. i've replaced the fuse about three times. there has to be a short somewhere...

Solutions I've tried: taking out the headunit and unplugging it completely. The same results, still no lights. Any suggestions?

George

You actually have it narrowed down pretty far - you unplugged the headunit and nothing changes - blown fuses - classic signs of a short or bad relay somewhere.

I would trace down the wires to make sure that some splicing somewhere didn't pop. Doesn't mean that you put it there - could have been spliced at the factory or insulation around the wiring has worn off.

Check for pinched wiring around the openings - make sure all fuses and relays are in good shape and of the proper rating. One way to diagnosis problem is to pull all lights from dash and replace them one at a time until problem area is found. That is the slow way - since it sounds like it didn't happen until after the original headunit was pulled - quicker to search from there and go outward.

Good Luck.

Topic List