Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By induction1, May 6, 2004

what if i were to add a high flow air filter and then install a cai. then add a switch in the cabin which i could flip to open the cai duct for more performance driving. make sense? regular intake most of the time for economy driving, but flip a switch to open cai for more hp and torque. is it worth it? any similar ideas with muffler?

thanks

Nope. If you want simple push button power increase, easiest way to go is NOS. Adding a "switch" for stock OEM and CAI will introduce a host of possible problems including air contamination, possible ECM confusion, aded weight and complexity. Also, the power gains would be quite minimal with that setup.

They do sell mufflers that have internal valving that goes from almost stock to nearly straight through. I believe they were made by Power Effects. But those were really designed for larger displacement higher performance engines, like those on the Vette and Viper and other V8s or V10s. The engines on most of the high performance sport compacts (Honda S2000, Suburu STi, Celica GTS, etc) generally do not run better or stronger over the entire RPM range wth an adjustable system. To benefit - you would have to constantly open or close the valve to the varying engine speeds - not worth it in my opinion.

Good Luck.

Guest polo708

sorry, but thats the worst idea I have ever heard. Defiantely not worth it.

Topic List