Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest lsw00kor

Hello.

I own a '94 Corolla.

1) On the www, there are aftermarket vendors for EURO REVERSE glow GAUGE, as at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting.

Is there anyone with this kind of experience?

If this installation needs real expertise, I may need to forget about this.

2) My car didn't come with a power window option, nor the power door lock option. On the www, of course, there are vendors for universally-fitting aftermarket power window kits & power door lock kits.

Do you think it is a good idea?

In my humblle opition, rather, the idea of euro reverse glow gauge may be easier than converting windows & locks.

Thank you. And good luck~

The gauges are not too hard to install. Basically the the instrument cluster bezel needs to come off enough for you to remove the gauge cluster to get at the faces. Be warned though - most of the aftermarket gauges from non-reputable vendors are badically printed screens. Some look like clear transparency sheets with inkjet printing - these tend to fade or blur out - total waste of money and time.

The link you provided shows gauge faces with inverter and switch - which I assume is for neon lighting - unless you are comfortable with splicing wires under the dash - I would have someone else do it or skip it all together. Lots of people trying to wire their stereos themselves sometimes pop the airbag in the car - even the pros do it occasionally.

With the kits available for power door locks and windows - installation may be a lot easier than you think. Just find one that specifically had fitments to your model year and provides clear instructions.

Good Luck.

Topic List