Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

6500 Rpm In A 2005 Le Rental

by badandy, October 20, 2005

• 55 posts

Hey folks I'm back.. Had to bring my new Tacoma back to the dealer for some B.S. they tried to screw me with. And they gave me a 2005 LE as a loaner. I wanted to report how it held up to some high ( really high) RPMS. Well I was traveling along at 75 mph and somehow it got into low gear,,,and I left it there while applying more throttle.. OOPS............. But it adjusted and handled it until the rev limiter kept interuptng the fun. Then after that,--- it was all out drag racing at every possible traffic light or corner. I was going at it with civics/ focus/accords/camrys/corollas/ and to be honest I won every time... the secret...... it was not my car, so the sky was the limit in the rpm range.............only drawback was that my 1999 LE drove better in my opinion. the 2005 only got about 9 mpg ..... maybe my leadfoot had something to do with it ....

Dai_Shan

Good to hear that she held up. Sure is fun rippin around in rental's and testdrive's.

How much worse did it sound at 6500 compared to like 4500 ?

the 2005 only got about 9 mpg ..... maybe my leadfoot had something to do with it ....
9 MPG!! That is nuts. I driven big blocks with better mileage than that. I've whipped the tar out of a XRS and leaning against the redline on that, hitting lift "often" - never dropped below 15 MPG. Maybe that's what happen if you keep running it into the rev limiter/fuel cutoff? Weird.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)