Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2000 Corolla

by Braddale, October 13, 2005

Guys, could anyone tell me where the fuel filter is located on the 2000 Corolla, and if it needs to be changed periodically.

Thanks.

now_driving_VW

should be in the engine bay...on the driver's side. It's a black metal cylinder with 2 hard fuel lines going in and out. Toyota claims it's lifetime... but yes, it needs to be changed every once in a while... every 60,000 should be more than sufficient.

The tricky thing is the banjo bolts. They are extremely tight, and easily stripped (use a flare nut wrench)

I believe it is only in the engine bay on previous generations - it was nice because you can get to it easily.

The 8th generation Corollas and newer (1998+) have the fuel filter inside the tank. Only way to it is to remove the lower rear seat cushion and unscrew an access panel above the tank.

Normally - you really don't have to worry about replacing the filter element unless you know that a significant amount of debris got into the tank somehow.

Bad_dude

I believe it is only in the engine bay on previous generations - it was nice because you can get to it easily.

The 8th generation Corollas and newer (1998+) have the fuel filter inside the tank. Only way to it is to remove the lower rear seat cushion and unscrew an access panel above the tank.

Normally - you really don't have to worry about replacing the filter element unless you know that a significant amount of debris got into the tank somehow.

I think the 98 and newer models, the fuel filter is in the pump.

Max

As Fish noted,on 98+ Corollas, it's in the tank.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)