Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Where All That Info Went

by Dave, October 3, 2005 in Toyotas that aren’t Corollas

• 320 posts

Those helpful posts in toyoland WILL be saved in one form or another. I'm going through them and trying to integrate them into the regular site pages.

Guest way2old

Whew!! Took a while to get here. Thought I got lost at the back door. default_ph34r

• 320 posts

Sorry about that! Glad you made it! Hope fishexpo comes too...

The redirect from toyoland says "The Toyoland forums are now shared with Toyoland."

Shouldn't that be "... shared with Corolland."

Dave, can't you dump the database from toyoland and then import it here so that all the users and posts are transferred too.

• 320 posts

Yes.

On the second one, you'd think so, wouldn't you? But no, it turns out to be very hard to do, and dangerous as well. There were about 60 threads altogether and I don't think there were a lot of unique users...I wish I could have merged better. I can try to move some of the users in.

Too bad the merging process couldn't be made easier - I have enough problems with setup I use at work.

I'm sure the users will be back - with more eyes on the threads, posts will probably be answered more quickly and / or with more useful information and tips.

• 320 posts

Hope so! BTW you're the person I see most often as I move info over, can you tell me more about yourself and PM me with your real name ifi you don't mind my using it?

Hope so! BTW you're the person I see most often as I move info over, can you tell me more about yourself and PM me with your real name ifi you don't mind my using it?
Computer programmer and data analyst with an advance science and engineering company for industrial, scientific, and defense related applications. Most of our work deals with oceanography - modeling and simulation. From dealing with understanding wave behavior to carrying out ecological protection studies.

We also deal with 3D computer graphics software for photo-realistic simulation and rendering of natural environments and pyrotechnic effects to the entertainment/visual FX industry. You might have seen our CGI work in movies like Castaway, Titanic, Deep Blue Sea, The Truman Show, and Pearl Harbor (the water scenes).

Fish was my nickname from years ago, ie. swims like a fish, takes to water like a fish, etc.

PM sent.

Actually - I came here from trolling the Mopar forums - since I was / still am a Mopar guy. Lots of good info there (gurus there), but decided to jump in Corolland because I just bought my Corolla then.

• 320 posts

Wow. That sounds like one fun career. I did see your work then. Funny how many Mopar guys end up buying Corollas (not Camrys though!). I think the engineering and utility's just really hard to beat.

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas