Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest chris_sa

Guest chris_sa

Guest chris_sa

Hello all,

This is my first post. I am here looking for some help!!!

I have a customer that is looking for a front strut tower bar and a carbon fiber hood. He has a 2002 Corolla S. My questions are...

Will the 2003 front strut tower bar fit on the 2002?

Are the 2003 carbon fiber hoods the same as the 2002?

Please excuse me if I sound ignorant, however, I do not want to screw up an order due to lack of research.

Thank you

Chris

They are two different generations of Corollas (assuming US models) - the strut bars and hoods are not interchangeable.

They are part of to different generations of Corolla (2002 - 8th gen, 2003 - 9th gen). The hood and strut bar are not interchangeable between the two.

Guest chris_sa

Guest chris_sa
They are two different generations of Corollas (assuming US models) - the strut bars and hoods are not interchangeable.

They are part of to different generations of Corolla (2002 - 8th gen, 2003 - 9th gen). The hood and strut bar are not interchangeable between the two.

Thank you! Last night, I was looking this up and I saw two different images for the 02 Corolla.

So are there STB's available for the 02 Corolla?

Thank you

Chris

Should be available for the 2002. TRD still has them as well as other aftermarket sources - like Megan Racing, OBX, Ractive, WeaponR, etc. Depends if you customer is looking for a STB for looks or functional piece. I'd recommend TRD for functional - but they generally run about $160 - not sure if that is the price point you are looking at. Most ones for around the $40-$50 - are completely for looks - don't count of them for keeping the strut tops/chassis from prying apart under heavy loads.

Generally - any strut tower brace from the same generation should fit - 8th generation Corollas spanned from model years 1998 - 2002.

Have to watch vendors that get components from overseas (ie. most of them) - 2001 was the last of the previous generation and they consider the 2002 models part of the current generation Corolla. What should help is that there are enough physical changes in the body between different markets to avoid mismatching of parts - but you should get a hold of someone in person to be sure.

Guest chris_sa

Guest chris_sa

Yes I found them.

We already go through ViS for the hoods. So that's all taken care of.

Thank you for the responses. I look forward to helping in any way i could. I also look forward to everyone's help.

Thank you!

Chris

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)