Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2005 Toyota Corolla Left Tail Light

Guest phillynewshound

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a 2005 Toyota Corolla Left Tail light (the casing not so much the light bulb that still works) where can i find one for a resonable price. The least expensive the better.

Thanks!

-PNH

I rather suspect that finding an inexpensive replacement tail light for such a new model automobile will be difficult, at best. I guess the same component from an '03 or '04 would work, if so, the auto wrecking yards may be a source. The bigger ones have a dedicated computer system which allows them to search for parts among countless yards on their network. Therefore, I'd try there first. Failing that, you'll be at the mercy of your local Toyota Stealer's Parts Department.

OK, just found it on eBay, the URL is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2005-T...002694881QQrdZ1

It has a starting bid of $55.00 and a "Buy it now" price of $60.00. There hasn't been any bidding action on it so I assume it's available.

If you aren't in a hurry, I'm considering getting Euro lights for my '05 Corolla and will have a pair left over if I do. I can get the Euro's from Toyota, but wondering if they are as safe as the regular lenses as they don't have near as much red reflective stuff.

If you do decide to buy off ebay, take care as the seller of the tail light is showing a picture exactly the same as an item he has recently sold.

I got one from a junkyard. Called and asked if they had my year. The junk car was a different color but you can take that colored bezel off the light assembly and put yours on. Mine was $35.00 for a '95.

now_driving_VW

If you aren't in a hurry, I'm considering getting Euro lights for my '05 Corolla and will have a pair left over if I do. I can get the Euro's from Toyota, but wondering if they are as safe as the regular lenses as they don't have near as much red reflective stuff. If you do decide to buy off ebay, take care as the seller of the tail light is showing a picture exactly the same as an item he has recently sold.

The Euro Corolla sedan lights are different than the US. The front and rear fascia are different. It is shared with the Japanese Corolla (squared off front end and trapezoid rear lights)

If you really want to be cool, try to import the revised Thailand market rear lights. They are LEDs for the running light and parking light. The US shares the Thai styling

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)