Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest Edmf88

When i drive my 93 corolla there is a loud sqeeking noise that is very noticable. When i opened the hood it seamed to be coming from the pully area But when i turn the sqeeking becomes much more extreme. Im a little low on power stearing fluid so im gonna fill it up tomarrow. Is that the problem?

Guest highdensityx

My 96 does the same thing. I have a very slow leak in my power steering line. I tried the stop leak but it didnt work

Guest Edmf88

I put more power steering fluid in it this morning and it didnt help. The power steering pump keeps freezing up when its in idle. Whats the problem? how do I fix it?

It also looses power steering off and on, How do i fix it? If I was to replace the power steering pump on my own how would i do it? Would this fix it?

Guest Edmf88

Ok i gota a power stearing pump for 50 bucks and im just gonna go by the shiltons instructions and put it on

THanks!

Guest Edmf88

Ok installed the power steering pump, to no avail, i did everythign to chiltons instructions, but its still squeeks..... the squeek apears to get worse when i accelerate

Guest mike-s

Ok installed the power steering pump, to no avail, i did everythign to chiltons instructions, but its still squeeks..... the squeek apears to get worse when i accelerate

I'd suggest that the drivebelt has lived beyond its usefullness.

When the drivebelts get a bit worn out, the inside surfaces get glazed over slightly due to friction. The squeeling you would be getting is most likely from the belt slipping a bit because of this.

My dad had a similar prob with his older ford, except it was the fluid clutch in his radiator fan that locked up, causing belt squeel on rapid acceleration/deceleration.

Guest Edmf88

Thanks everybody!

I tightened up all the belts , Turnes out the Alterator belt was loose, when i was about to tighten it i found the bolt that holes to alternator in place and keeps it from pivoting had fallen out, Thus the squeeking!

Nothing a quick call to Toyota Of Orange could fix!

The part was in within 2 days and now the problem is solved

My corolla is back to running like it always did!

Cant wait till the 200,000 mile mark!

Thanks for the update.

Always nice to know how these issues are resolved.

default_smile

Guest ym42

Since you just swapped the power steering pump, can you tell me a little more about the job? Did you disconnect the pressure hoses on the other end from the rack ( I did that once - very awkward! ), and can you tell me about those two little vacuum hoses going from under the pump? Are they easy to disconnect? I seem to have a leak there right on from those two hoses. How hard was to replace the pump? Thanks.

Topic List