Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Rear Speaker Wires On 2006

by RalphWiggum, September 6, 2005

I'm replacing the rear speakers on my 06 and was wondering if anyone knew which wires were positive and which were negative.

I'm guessing red is positive and black is negative, but you never know. I know on the 05 the driver side red is positive and on the passenger side it's negative...but the other wire is a color other than black so I can't use that as a guide.

I changed all my speakers and was just looking at the 6x9's that I removed. The bits of wires remaining show red on the right side on both speakers. If you have the CE model, I would recommend getting new grills and putting a 1" tweeter in. I just did that and it sounds a lot better.

I have the S. I know what you mean about changing the grills though. The rear tray is one piece and the grills over the speakers seem kind of restrictive. I was thinking about maybe cutting the grills out and then custom mounting the grills that came with the speakers in place of it.

I'm replacing the rear speakers on my 06 and was wondering if anyone knew which wires were positive and which were negative.

I'm guessing red is positive and black is negative, but you never know. I know on the 05 the driver side red is positive and on the passenger side it's negative...but the other wire is a color other than black so I can't use that as a guide.

If Toyota hasn't changed them recently - the right rears are red (+) and white (-) and the left rears are black (+) and yellow (-). To be 1005 sure - I would trace the wires back and check the polarity at the OEM speaker. They should be marked.

I have the S. I know what you mean about changing the grills though. The rear tray is one piece and the grills over the speakers seem kind of restrictive. I was thinking about maybe cutting the grills out and then custom mounting the grills that came with the speakers in place of it.

RW: I only changed the grills on the front upper door tweeters as the stock CE's only come as a sold piece. Unless I've had to, I've never changed grills from the stock ones, such as in the doors or rear deck on any vehicle I've owned. I don't want to advertise to the wrong people that I have a good stereo system inside.

Dai_Shan

Ya i most definitly wouldn't replace the rear grills....unless i had some super tinted windows.

Mise well put up a banner.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)