Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2000 And 1999 Corolla

Guest elusive-dragon

trying to figure out if something change during the year 2000.

ive tried 3 times to get an air intake before and always get one that will not fit because it doesnt account for the mass air filter

ive got a 2000 corolla ve

what the heck am i to do lol should i be saying ive got a 1999 corolla? did the model change middle of 2000 or something?

thanks in advance for any help default_biggrin

Say you have a 2000-2002 Corolla - intakes should be the same.

The 1998-1999 Corolla are MAP based. The 2000 and 2002 Corollas are MAF based. They are not compatible for the reason you stated, the MAF sensor.

Intakes for 2003-2004 will generally not fit the 2002 and under - 2005 are different as well.

Big changes that happened in 2000 for the 8th generation Corolla was the addition of VVT-i to the 1ZZFE engine and switch to coil over plugs. Any intake and ignition related parts that state guarantee fitment for 1998+ Corolla is totally false.

If you are determined to get a different filter/intake - instead of an aftermarket intake - go with a good quality panel filter in OEM airbox. The OEM box flows much better than most are lead to believe. Even some of the best aftermarket intakes (read expensive CAI or icebox types) will generally add a few to several HP gain to the upper end on most modern engines. Most sacrifice some low end torque for high RPM HP gains.

Guest elusive-dragon

thank you fish, i had been considering just a better replacement filter and i may go for that afterall.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)