Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By Ti-Jean, August 22, 2005

Ti-Jean

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/cc/06corolla.htm

A good and fair test over all, but a few things I don't agree.

-This is the SE, which is a CE with either the B or C package and adds Sunroof and alloy wheels. He said that the tires are 185's on the CE, which is right, but the SE I checked the other day had the 195's of the S and LE. He probably didn't look for himself on the test car.

-I don't find the transmission that noisy now compared to older Toyota manuals, although it is cruchier than a Honda's, but he reported the clutch fine while I find it tricky from a quick dead stop. You can either stall or over rev easily.

-He praised the dead pedal that most of us think cramps our left leg. I even shaved about a 1/2" from mine and find it much more comfortable now. He also said nothing of the wheel/seat/pedal awkward driving position.

-Most new cars have little to no rattles in warm weather...

-He finds the car howls and leans considerably in the curves. Is it because of my new tires (Yokohama TRZ's 195/65-15) but I took a few on ramps fairly hard and the car grips very well and is more comfortable to boot.

-He had very good words for the engine, that I agree.

-For less $, I much prefer the C package (AC, remote, power windows and cruise) than the B package with the SE. But this is just me.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)