Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2008 Corolla

by dom, August 13, 2005

Have you seen the artist's rendering of the 2008 Corolla in Motor Trend's September issue?! Very cool looking with sharper edges, and a possible hybrid option. I love its new look... I'd actually like to replace mine on the next new redesign after 2008, possibly a 2013.

You wouldn't happen to have those pictures on hand would you??

I just found it on the web! here it is; 2008 Corolla big pic

from this forum;

2008 Corolla

They mention '2007' in that forum, but it is to be released in mid 2007 as a 2008 model.

I like it!! Now only if they'll make it. These "artist interpretations" are often way more interesting than what ultimately rollls off the production line.

Max

Hmmm...shades of the 07 Camry. Anybody seen those spy photos? Check out toyotanation.com for those.

I like it!!  Now only if they'll make it.  These "artist interpretations" are often way more interesting than what ultimately rollls off the production line.

++ to that.

No way those big a$$ wheels (and matching body) are going to make it into production. Otherwise, it's an interesting design. I like the short nose and large windshield but I suspect that might have cost issues as well.

Oh bother! Leave it to car designers to screw up a good thing!

IMO, ewww.

I don't like that at all. It's only a drawing, but I hope production doesn't look anything like that.

It looks too much like the newer bold Mitsubishi's and BMWs. Tall sharp lines that have no function and are pretty ugly. They just make the car look bigger. Overall, it's just a fad look. The bubble Taurus is a joke now, and so is the Aztek. Bold different styling isn't the answer.

I think the best thing the auto makers can do is to "retro-style" their cars. The '05 Mustang is a great example of this; it's the first modern-era Mustang that really looks like a Mustang!

I'd love to see the re-introduction of the late 80's (7th generation?) Corolla style. That was a sharp looking car! I'd keep certain modern touches like the 15", 5-lug wheels, but I want a Corolla that looks like an automobile, not half of an upside-down watermelon with wheels on it. The '03-present Corolla looks OK, if anything, I'd tolerate just very minor variations on that styling but nothing too radical.

but I want a Corolla that looks like an automobile, not half of an upside-down watermelon with wheels on it.

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry u put me on the floor !!!!! default_biggrin

I'd love to see the re-introduction of the late 80's (7th generation?) Corolla style. That was a sharp looking car! I'd keep certain modern touches like the 15", 5-lug wheels, but I want a Corolla that looks like an automobile, not half of an upside-down watermelon with wheels on it. The '03-present Corolla looks OK, if anything, I'd tolerate just very minor variations on that styling but nothing too radical.

6th gen.

I like that one, too. It looked sturdy and somewhat muscular.

However, I maintain that that era's Hondas and Acuras look nicer though, at least sportier (late '80s Accord, Prelude, Integra).

I want a Corolla that looks like an automobile, not half of an upside-down watermelon with wheels on it.

I couldnt agree more, alot of cars, way too many look like something that crawls out of elephant dung and Im puking sick of it. I say its time to bring back the square bodies.

I really think Mazda really "gets it."

New Miata:

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/...rticleId=106311

Looks more like the 1st gen than the 2nd, but looks better than both. What a great looking little car, and probably as much fun as you can have (driving that is) in any car of any price.

I'd have one in my extra garage, if I had the money and an extra garage.

Ti-Jean

I want a Corolla that looks like an automobile, not half of an upside-down watermelon with wheels on it.

I couldnt agree more, alot of cars, way too many look like something that crawls out of elephant dung and Im puking sick of it. I say its time to bring back the square bodies.

Scion has the xB for you...

Chrysler has done just that. After their very slippery and nice looking LH FWD line of cars, they pulled a 180 turn and went right back to the broad shouldered and square looks of the 60's and 70's.

And the cycle begins again.

I said square bodies, not match box bodies. those look rediculous to me. default_laugh

I saw the 2008 from home. I reallyyyyyyyyyyyy don't think the actual Corolla will look like that... Seems like the trunk has go the Mazda 3 look or something because it disappeared.......

I said square bodies, not match box bodies. those look rediculous to me. default_laugh

LOL the Scion xB should have a nice wide striker strip along both sides, and lettering that says, "Please close box before striking!" Or the "New Balance" logo with a UPC bar code and "Size 10D" lettered on the back hatch! On a (slightly) more serious note, how about an xB "Woodie" for the surfer-bunch?

thats great. someone should paint a bunch of pieces of wood to look like matches and place them in the back after painting their scion with a matchbox scheme, strike strip and all. lol

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)