Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

I Am Going For The 2006 Order

by RAV4EVR, July 12, 2005

Like I mentioned earlier, the Ink BLUE color has been driving me crazy. I want TAN INTERIOR "LE" with sunroof, pwr win/doors, stick shift, alloy wheels, 6 indash cd, side airbags, side curtain airbags, antilock brakes, mud guards, fog lights, wood kitt and gold emblems.

I think that should cover everything.

I hope they give me that "whited out" speedometer display that comes in the "S". I hope it is not only an "S" thing.

There is a 3 month wait. If I order tomorrow, I should have the car in OCTOBER. I don't know if that would be 2005 or 2006. I don't care as long as I get that INK BLUE color.

I calculated my payment to be about 217/month for 6 years.

My 01 Corolla has to sell for 7000 dollars for that and I finance the 13000 dollars.

The total cost with tax would be about 20,000 dollars...

Some say that I can get the 07 Camry for that price.. but u have to think.. may be the 07 Camry doesn't come in stick 4cyl anymore. With taxes and all the options I want, I am pretty sure the Camry will run me about 23k and it will stil not have the Corolla fuel efficiency and I want that INK BLUE color d*** it... !

I have been looking for a used one, especially on AUTOTRADER but not a single one has met my specifications PLUS they have "SWIRLS" on paint from people touching it and that is the REASON I WANT A NEW CAR and I can't find one that is as loaded as I want.. Can't save money on used I guess.. i have no choice. I have never bought NEW.... This would be the first time...... I am done with the SWIRLS.

Whoa! This is crazy!

I just contacted a dealership in Seattle, to order me this car. They say it wil be at a dealership in Tuscon, Arizona by the time I get there at the end of August. I got it for $16,200 plus Arizona sales tax and other fees.

So now I will have two cars, that one (Felix) and the I have now (Oscar). Oh and that truck too.

What kind of options are you getting?

Once I have a final quote, I will start calling other Toyota dealers to see if they can get me the same car for less.. I doubt, I will get any lower than 19k.

Lunch time today I am going broke, atleast initiating the sequence to a typical American life.............. (being in debt!!! default_biggrin )

Just kidding... relax all.. I am an American myself.. It was just a joke.

Dai_Shan

Well the white/bluish dash on the 'S is only on the S. The LE if i remember correctly had the black display that becomes visable only when the car is on. (red i believe).

I got my 05 in july(of 04)....so by then it should be a 06 by fall forsure...

Did you try quotes through there internet/freight sales guys? Find them easy by requesting a quote in your area from www.edmunds.com easy way to make sure your getting the cheapest prices. Always at "dealercost" (so ~1200 under "real market selling price")

I wouldn't recommend a 6disc...unless you aren't a big computer user that can make mixed mp3 cds (130+songs) if you get an aftermarket headunit. (for like 100-150$ at local store)

Otherwise 20K seems spendy for that car. I believe i got mine for 16,600. Power, weathergaurd, alloys, spoiler etc (no leak/noise-roof option tho) oh and mine was more cause it was AUTO.

RAV:

I'm curious as to why your new Corolla (or any other vehicle) necessarily HAS to be a stick shift? Got something against autos? I had a perfectly good 2001 Corolla LE 5-speed, but the clutch on that thing was extremely heavy and uncomfortable to use in city traffic -- which is 95% of my driving. In the Winter it became so dead feeling I would occasionally stall out due to insufficient "feel" of the clutch pedal. It was really the only bad thing about an otherwise excellent little car. I traded it after 2 years and 20,000 miles for a 2003 LE automatic. I guess I'd be willing to try another Corolla "stick" if only they could get that damn clutch right -- but I've driven very few stickshift cars with what I'd call a good clutch feel.

I've always wondered if they could put a vacuum booster on the Corolla's clutch linkage? Just like power brakes, only on the hydraulic clutch linkage. Would something like this be possible?

The clutch on my 03 CE is light and smooth.

RAV:

I'm curious as to why your new Corolla (or any other vehicle) necessarily HAS to be a stick shift?  Got something against autos?

The only reason I get up every morning is to SHIFT, EAT and have ##%#$%.

Otherwise, I have no reason.

If I am not shifting gears, I am not breathing. I love getting stuck in traffic, especially New Y ork (whenever I visit), shifting in and out, up an down, in and out, up and down,---....... LOVE IT...

I bought an automatic once. Had it for 6 months.. Got bored to death about life. Food had no taste. Sleep was not sound.

I will NEVER driven an automatic. If Sticks diseappear, I will be an old man with very old cars !!!

I have to have a sunroof and all the Corolla accessories.

I have owned Corollas since 1990. My dad has owned them since 1970s.

It is the best car out there, considering the gas prices.

I want the best Corolla. I am even considering LEATHER.

Camry, I can get for about 22k with the options I want in a stick shift but my fuel economy will be reduced by lik 8/9 miles/gallon.

I have still not put my down payment anywhere yet. I am calling dealers out state and negotiating. I have like 16 TOYOTA dealer numbers at hand in my area.

I can't just go to a website and get a quote on the car because of special options I want on the car. I have the paperwork printed but it is not as detailed as my choices so when I call a dealer, it takes me a while to explain to them the EXACT car I want.

One more thing... No aftermarket parts/accessories can ever go in my car...

Thanks all for the input.

RAV:snip..............I've always wondered if they could put a vacuum booster on the Corolla's clutch linkage?  Just like power brakes, only on the hydraulic clutch linkage.  Would something like this be possible?

It does share fluid with the brake system which is vaccuum assisted....not the same thing? Perhaps if it was independent it might be better? I know my RX-7 has it's own seperate system for the hydralic clutch.

I never had an issue with driving the 5-speed Corolla. Had it now for over 3 years and 70K+ kms. I don't mind if it's a bit on the heavy side..usually that means it's got a strong pressure plate. Of course my other car has a heavier clutch so I just could be used to it. I do know a friend of mine drove my Corolla and had a really hard time with it. If I had to drive in heavy traffic a lot....I would have picked an automatic in a second. I have no aversion to them, but my fun/performance car does have to manual though.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)