Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

paint

by foobar, March 12, 2004

Some people don't know how to park and/or get out from parking spots. Some guy scratched the corner of my bumper. Good thing that it did not get dented. However, it did get some of the other guys paint on it. That paint does not come off easily. I don't want to make a scratch with some metal trying to remove it. Do any of you guys know how to remove the other dude's paint and not mine? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Max

I used Turtle Wax polishing compound and scratch remover after being rear-ended. (I did have dents, though!) It took the other guy's paint off and left mine like new.

I tried a "Bug and Tar Remover" and that did not help.

I also tried the "Turtle Wax Scratch & Swirl Remover", which did nothing too.

I dunno what to do to. Any ideas guys? My car looks ugly with this paint. I want to remove it default_sad

Max

"Scratch and swirl remover" won't get it. You need polishing compound or rubbing compound. Be careful with rubbing compound- you could do more harm than good.

Guest Kristian

I have found that gasoline works well. Just be careful as it can damage your paint. I have used this to remove the scum left from removing rear logos.

User Meguirer's Fine cut cleaner. It is gentle, and the abrasives in it actually break down as the cleaner is being used. Unlike rubbing compound which is like using fine sand - much more aggresive. default_tongue

Max - you da man !!! default_biggrin

Rubbing like crazy with the polishing compound removed the paint.

Thanks for your help guys default_smile

Kristian Posted on Mar 13 2004, 10:12 PM   I have found that gasoline works well. Just be careful as it can damage your paint. I have used this to remove the scum left from removing rear logos. 

default_wink uh, rubbing alcohal works the same but it doesn't damage the paint, all you have todo is re-wax the area.

Topic List