Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Toyota Genuine Engine Oil

by mustaq, June 2, 2005

Is Toyota Genuine Oil really from Toyota? Or from some other engine oil company? Just wondering if I would get the SAME quality from a cheaper brand.

Last I heard - the bottled Toyota motor oil comes from Texaco Lubricants Company - basically the same as Havoline. Sampling the oil would be a sure fire way to find out for sure - but I doubt the mix will be the same for different regions. Some have said that he mix was like conventional products from ExxonMobile Corp. I wouldn't lose sleep over it - as long as you regularly change your oil - doesn't really matter what brand you use.

Our local dealer uses Vavoline.

here in canada, the dealership that I know , gets it from Imperial Oil

canada,,,, same as ESSO here and EXXON in US.

here in canada, the dealership that I know , gets it from Imperial Oilcanada,,,, same as ESSO here and EXXON in US.

Yeah and for synthetics they don't have "Toyota Synthetic"... they have Mobil 1. default_biggrin

Last I checked, it was from Mobil. The Toyota oil we order is stored at the local Mobil dealer.

• 200 posts

Don't worry, Paul Cherubini will one day rejoin this board as "OEMforlife666" and tell us the "truth". :laugh:

Topic List