Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2005 Corolla Xrs Trd Performance Exhaust

Guest circuitjerk

Hey all,

Been driving a Corolla since 1997, and just last week I got the XRS. I have been considering the TRD muffler and wondered if anyone has one on an XRS or whatever model.

Just wanted to know what differences were noted and the sound. I'm not looking for anything aggressive or too loud, looking for a little bit of a subtle baritone, but not obnoxious.

Also wanted to know how the installation went if you did it yourself since it is supposed to use the same mounting points, and I am considering doing iot myself.

Finally how is the overal fit and look.

I know it is a bit pricey, but that is not so much an issue. I prefer to stay with the TRD product as I think some of the other aftermarkets might be too loud, and it's been tuned specifically for the rolla XRS. They are out of stock but I spoke with TRD sales and they said they will be in stock in the next few weeks.

I will also be installing the free flow filter at a later date, so any comments on that would be appreciated.

I kept the stock rims and put some Good year assurance P225's on it and it looks really sharp, the handling and grip has improved a lot. The stock summer tires were just OK IMHO.

Thanks.

Glenn

Check these pics for appearance issues.

https://www.corolland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17501

I had some of the same concearns as you but am very happy with the exhaust. Since we have a high-reving engine it will always make some noise as it is pushed. The TRD exhaust just takes it all down a bit. You'll find it almost silent at cruising speeds, and it isn't loud outside the car. With the drop-in filter the results are very good. These two in combination get you a little quicker accelerator response and a good engine tone.

Oddly, people are having some trouble finding the parts at the moment with TRD being purchased by Toyota.

Here's a link to a DIY for the muffler install.

http://www.9thgencorolla.com/modules.php?n...iewtopic&t=1729

Hope that helps.

Guest circuitjerk

Thanks JB,

Like those rims and tires on your ride, looks even better lowered, but I doubt I'll go that rout.

I have the same color too, I think it is the best color for that car default_cool

Guest circuitjerk

One more thing, I see you have aftermarket bulbs, have you had any problems with them? My 2001 Rolla always blew them out after a short time. I suspect I had some sort of electrical problem. I then went to a HID kit thinking that would be better becasue of less wattage but found that the DRL just wreaked havok on the ballasts. I learned the hard way that I had to disable the DRL, but I never bothered. Also the aftermarket bulbs (eurolights.com) and some others actually were too hot and melted the connector.

I am considering revisiting this, and possibly even disabling the DRL's on this one.

I saw some posts at Toyoya Nation about how to do it but there is some conflicting info as it hasn't been documented on the 05's (at least that's how I interpreted it)

Have you done this, or are you considering it? And what are your thoughts on this.

Well, against the trend, I'm pro daytime running lights.

What I have is the SilverStar bulbs and some yellow bulbs for the fogs. All are wattage matched so I'm not anticipating any problems with the harness.

I've not had them long enough to burn them out. I did get them at an auto parts store that has a one year warranty for replacement.

I know of one guy that changed to HIDs and keeps his DRLs engaged. He posts in the 9thGen forums under Laz Z Kay (Kenneth is his name).

FYI, I don't have the yellow bulbs installed in the photos.

Good Luck.

Guest circuitjerk

Thanks again.

I had the silverstars as well, after I got sick of messing with it. I suspect you'll have no probs at all with those.

Where did you get the H3 yellows?

Does Jupiter mean you are from Jupiter?

I used to live all over Florida.

Take care,

Glenn

Yellow

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-27983.cfm

I believe it is the 9005 for the 2005 fogs.

Jupiterboy is stollen from a kid I worked with a long time ago, so I can't take credit.

Unfortunately I'm in the JethroPlex aka Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Guest circuitjerk

Unfortunately I'm in the JethroPlex aka Dallas/Fort Worth area.

JethroPlex LMAO default_laugh I used to have a couple condo's in Denton near NTSU back in the late 80's, last time I drove through Texas was in 97 from California to Florida in my 98LE, talk about gruelling, I thought I'd never get out of Texas.

Ahhh soo, that makes things much easier without the H3's, I never bothered to look. That is great news.

Thanks for the spoon feed default_wink

Small world. I was going to school at NTSU/UNT while you were slumlording. Grad 89. That was a fun school.

BTW, that's a 9006 for the fogs.

Now where is Ellie May…

Well I am unsure about the XRS TRD exhaust but I used to have the TRD exhaust on my GTS and I was VERY pleased! It has been dyno proven the best power adding exhaust for the GTS time and time again! For my Celica the fit istall was a breeze, the fit was perfect, and the sound was amazing! It is almost silent at idle and has a nice quiet, deep tone durring cruising. However, once you hit lift (6000rpm in my Celica) it screams pretty load! It isn't a Honda ricer load but more of a street bike/indy car kind of sound! Just great! 10 out of 10!!!!

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)