Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Replacing dash light

Guest TinaG

The center light in my dash burned out. It doesn't necessarily cause me any problems, it's just annoying. There's still enough light for me to see my speed and gas tank level.

Has anyone replaced a dash light? I've never done it before and I wanted to know if it was worth it. I've had one burn out before but had it replaced under warranty.

If it's easy I'll do it myself. If not I'll wait for more lights to burn out and have the dealership do it (They'll charge $80 for labor and a couple of bucks for the bulb, not worth it for one bulb in my opinion).

In most cars, you have to pull the instrument cluster.

A suggestion. Labor to change all bulbs is probably very little more than doing just one. Why not have the dealer just change all of the bulbs at one time?

My wife has an 01 and the right and left sides are burned out. I was going to try to change them out this weekend.

Are u sure the light is burnt out? I thought this happened to me and I found out the dimmer was set on low.

Are u sure the light is burnt out? I thought this happened to me and I found out the dimmer was set on low.

I usually hit the top of the dash board and then one side comes on. default_laugh

Guest TinaG

I think I will wait for more to burn out. Right now it's not that bad. My dimmer is set fine. I tried that smacking of hte dash but nothing happened, lol. default_biggrin

Hello All,

I've just recently had the center instrument cluster bulb burn out on my '98 Corolla. As with the original poster of this thread, it's not causing any serious problems. It's just annoying. I had one burn out on the heater controls before, but I just knocked on the face plate and it turned back on. This one seems to be legitimately burnt out.

Has anybody replaced one of these? Was it a total nightmare? Were you able to fix it by just removing the instrument cluster from the dash or did you have to pull the whole dash.

Thanks,

Regular Joe

Topic List