Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jean-Michel

Corolla S 05 S/c Headers, Cai And Exhaust

Jean-Michel, you might just want to get a old 1G DSM if you want a fast car. I once got one for 1200 for a turbo one. It acually ran too :) After fixing it up with acually mostly, replacment parts. Timming belt, water pump, brakes, suspention, and a few fast parts, I spent about $3500 for everything including the car. I got a lot of miles out of it too before I traded it in.

If you want speed, keep your economy reliable car with a new warranty as is, and then buy a old sports car to work on.

Your plans for your 05 would ruin your warranty in a heart beat. You simple can't put forced induction on a car and since Toyota hasn't aproved a SCer, they could pretty much void ALL your warranty.

If you shopped right, you could get a fast car to play with on the weekend and it wouldn't really cost you any more then tring to mod a brand new car with what you were wanting to do.

You could play with a old DSM, 5.0 Mustang, or whatever. Just get something that acually has a solid platform for being fast. Just wait for the right deal. I know a guy go got a perfecly good 94 Cobra for $3500!!!!!!! I had to ask like 10 times because I was in shock. The thing barly had over 100K miles, the paint looked new, the seats where in great shape. I drove it and NOTHING was wrong with it. They are still worth in the 8K range and that's on the low side. I've seen people who have just been at the right place at the right time and got a KILLER deal. I've yet to hit the jackpot myself, but I'm still working on it.

I didn't understand the part how you would kill yourself. You made it sound like you would be afraid of the mad powah of the TRD SCer. I would just be afraid of loosing all my fuel economy.

What I meant was that with some of the bad drivers in my area I tend to get the road rage thing going and when I get an opportunity to pass or get by them, I take it. It usually puts me in the position of excessive speed and close to reckless driving if I have to go in and out of trafic that is as slow as molasses for no particular reason. I tend to take some risks occassionally and with more power I would likely do it more frequently. I think power is meant for a racetrack and on a public road it is best to be conservative for safety sake. The fuel economy is also an issue. I appreciate my car for being able to pass by a gas station when other cars are pulling in due to their worse fuel economy.