Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
toyota81

How Good Is Your Corolla On Gas?

Went on a service call yesterday, drove out on I80 from Lock Haven to Brookville, about 2 hours at 72MPH up and down hills, then 1 hour on backcountry, average probably about 40MPH, some pretty hard hill climbs to Dayton.

Back home went to Indiana, to Ebensburg, then to Altoona north through State College and then home, probably averaged about 70 MPH on 22, 220 and I80.

I was not being light on the pedal at all, hard accelerations to get on and merge with traffic, lots of good hill climbs (had one outside Indiana, car was going 70 in 4th floored and just maintaining speed for probably about 3/4 mile).

Filled up at Sheetz in Lock Haven on the way out, filled at Sheetz in Lock Haven at the same pump on the way back (always to the first click):

328 miles, 40.8MPG

I felt cheated, I wasn't expecting that. Now I wish I could have gone back and gone much easier on the hill climbs and merging with traffic to see what I can top out at!

Guest Johnharlin

Could someone tell me why I am getting such bad gas mileage from my Toyota Corolla 1993. I had my catalytic converter and oxygen sensor replaced and I still only get 17 miles per gallon in the city. I also drive in an extremely concervative way. I don't floor the gas pedal between stop signs like a lot of jerks do and I let the car coast downhills whenever I can. The car has an actual rating of 27 miles per gallon in the city and 34 highway. The mechanic said I don't need a new Air Filter so I have no idea what's wrong.

On a recent single tank (long trip) in a mix of traffic, hwy going 75+mph, and small highway (63mph) etc. Plenty heavy with the foot...and using ac very limited if at all.

36 MPG

Usually i get around 33-34 MPG for short city (hwy and backstreets) trips.

We've been getting right around 34-35mpg on average. I just gave it it's first oil change with mobill 1 and installed a TRD air filter. I was hoping to see the fuel economy rise just a tad, but I still got 35. Not bad, but I hope to see better because this tank had mostly HWY miles, but the AC was on the whole tank, so I can't complain too much. I was driving 70MPH most of the trip, but the tank had some city driving too.

I hope to reach a little higher and the car should with summer fuel and no AC and I expect the fuel economy to drop in the winter time. I ran 360 miles on the tank before the fuel light came on and pumped 10+ gallons in. I don't have the ticket on me right now for a exact amount of fuel.

It's a good car. Not too bad for the power at all. I reved it about a bit too cause I had some passing to do on two lane roads. The VVTi engine starts to scoot around 3800 RPMs and it doesn't puke out.

I just went on my first long car ride the other day with my new 05 Sport so the first thing I did when I got back was figure out my mpg. Autobahn 2.5 hours there, 2.5 back, average speed between 75-85, maybe 30 minutes worth of traffic going through construction, lots of a/c... 34 mpg.

I've only had the car for a few months. I average about 7.8 l/100 km. the best I've gotten was 7.25 l/100 km. I do suburban / highway driving, 50/50,never really stuck in traffic.

I've always managed to get the city ratings from my cars, but thought I would do better since there is a big difference in the published ratings for the City and Highway on the Cololla. but I am a bit dissapointed, since my previous car (which I still have) would average 6 l/100 km (39 MPG (US))

this is what is published (in Canada) for the Corolla

City: 7.7 L/100km (37mpg)

Highway: 5.4 L/100km (52mpg)

Guest tyler98ve

I average about 28 city/ 34 highway in my corolla. But, its made no difference the last two months, since I bought a new motorcycle :D a Suzuki GS500 whichs gets about 38-40mpg with my driving habits.

Come to think of it, my corolla has been on the same tank of gas for about 4 weeks now..

My last tank lasted me from May 7th til June 25th. 6 weeks and just below the halfway mark.

29.82 liters for 440 km = 6.78l/100 km or 41.7 mi/Imp gal.

Just went on a roadtrip. Got 472 miles from 10.8 gallons = 43.7 mpg! Car is an 05 manual (with electronic throttle if that helps). A/C was on constantly and I was mostly cruising at 55 mph (the limit).

For some other tanks under city driving I got 37.2 and 35.1 mpg.