Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Exorcist

'94 Rear Disc Conversion

Guest Exorcist

Hey fellas, I have a 94 corolla that I've been workinbg on for awhile now and the one thing I haven't found too much about is a rear disc conv. Does anyone here know how easy it is, what would be a good donor car, and where I could get the parts? Any help would be appreciated. Thnx M8s!

Contributors don’t see ads — including in-image ads!

Depends on your definition of "easy" is. AE92 GT-S and an older 4 lug Celica GT-S brakes would work. But they are NOT bolt on applications - you will have to do some fabricating to get the rear e-brake to work, brake lines, new suspenstion bits if you cut the hubs off the donor. Also be a good idea to get a new brake proportioning valve and master cylinder to go with it as the one you got wouldn't work properly - safety first.

If you got money to burn - you could go with a Wilwood conversion. They have the proper hubs, lines, etc. Last time I checked - it was like $1200. Not really worth it unless you auto-x. If you want to increase braking performance - better to get better quality pads for the front disc brakes and better quality tires all around.

Good Luck.

Guest Exorcist

Thnx, I called up Wilwood and while they personally don't have a rear disc conv. kit, a dealer of theirs does. Precison Brakes is the name of the dealer, and I called and talked to one of the engineers there. He said that they would make a custom kit for the 93-97 rolla/prizm. They were VERY helpful, with options like 1 or 2 piece rotors, powder coating, e-brake or no, size of rotor (yes even a big brake kit for the REAR...bit over doing it I KNOW!) In case any of the rest of you are interested Precision Brakes website is www.precisionbrakes.com and their toll free number is 1-866-992-7253