Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest luminary

squeaky brakes

Guest luminary

Does anyone know what the possible reasoning behind squeaky Corolla brakes may be? I got a new set of brake pads about 3 months ago so I know that the problem isnt the need of a new set of pads. But the new pads are where my brakes a squeaking. Is there a certain type of pad that someone would recommend for my 98 corolla? I am tired of squeaking brakes. Thanks!!!

Contributors don’t see ads — including in-image ads!

Guest luminary

I am not quite sure about that. The car was new, for me anyway....I bought it used from a Toyota dealership...took it to the shop a week later to have everything checked. The man said I needed new brake pads on the front and replaced them...I'm not sure what comes along with that.

I think squeaking is typically from glazed rotors or pads. Meanign then are getting extremely hot, and not cooling off soon enough. Japanesse cars until recently were sometiems know to have underpwoered braking systems that need more maintenance than usual.

Guest unrealii

I was talking to some random person online and they told me squealing brakes can happen when the pads are replaced and the rotors are not resurfaced. Without the resurface, this creates a smooth contact between the pad and the rotor which causes the squeak.

Squeaking is typical of brake pads with higher metallic content. They are harder and last longer...but the tradeoff is, more noise.

I don't know what particular brands are quiet.

Personally, my brakes used to squeak but stopped for some unknown reason.