Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2003 Corolla Rear Rims

Guest markuswelby

Ok, I have Torque 5s on my 2003 Corolla, i believe the offset is 40mm. I currently have 215/45-17s on the rear. It rubs like a ** (also have full Hotchkis system on). Does anyone know what i need to put on there so that it will not rub???

205/45 or 205/40????

many thanks

Depends on how much of a drop you have and if you made any camber adjustments? Did you roll the fender lip - or you prefer not to do so? Also - what tires are you running and is it hitting fender with the top of the tread, or more on the sidewall?

OEM wheels with a PLUS+2 size (17" wheel) should be running a 205/45R17 or 205/50R17 - depending on the original tire size. If you go much wider than a 205mm width - you'll run the chance of rubbing. That 100mm difference could be what's causing you trouble. Have to watch the aspect ratio as well - too much and you'll run into speedo errors.

Tires also very quite a bit in physical width as well - you could measure two different 205/45R17 tires and find that the widths are different. I had to run Kuhmo ECSTA Supra 712s because the Yokohama AVS ES100 I was running before were actually a half inch wider at the tread - sectional width was about the same (couple tenths of an inch). Yokos rubbed but the Kuhmos didn't.

If you're running a 2" drop or more - you may have to adjust the camber to compensate. Going with a larger negative camber will help clear the fender lip at the cost of accelerated tire wear. You could have run up to a 45mm offset and it might have cleared (2003+ Corollas 35mm - 45mm offsets work) - but sometimes, wheels are available with that offset.

Checkout online resources like www.tirerack.com. They'll have all the specs of the tires so that you can see if the tire your running now is one of the wider ones.

Good Luck.

Guest markuswelby

I believe the drop is at least 2 inches. It is rubbing on the shoulder mostly.

How do u change the rear camber????

Not easy adjusting the rear camber - since it doesn't have any factory adjustment. Different brackets and shims are what they use to bump it out.

If rubbing on the shoulder - your options are to put in a good amount of negative camber, roll the fenders, wide body kit, get different wheels, or bump up the ride height. Different tires may not be enough to clear the fenders at that point.

Good Luck.

Does anyone know what i need to put on there so that it will not rub???

Try a few jars of Vaseline.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)