Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By Bull6791, March 3, 2015

This is for my 2005 Corolla: I do not know how high CCA is too much on new battery.

INTERSTATE BATTERY

MEGETRON-35 550 CCA. They want $93.00 w/core

MEGETRON PLUS-35 640CCA. They want $99.00 w/core.

I do not know which one to get because I do not know how much CCA would be too much for car. I know you do not want your CCA to be to high because it's bad for car.

Any info would be great.

Thanks.

No such thing as TOO high of a CCA on a starter (non-deep cycle battery). I've run 1000CCA batteries on my muscle cars, no problems.

Usually get the most CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) as you can afford. Between these, I'd get the 640CCA - both are the same group size battery (Group 35) - the difference is cost is a wash between the two.

Fish

I did not know when I buy a new battery I can go as high as I want for CCA and it would not matter. Also I did not know I could get 1000 CCA Iif I wanted to because their is no limit to how high I can go.

Thanks. You learn something new every day.

Yup, really hard to find 1000 CCA batteries, they were quite expensive at the time as well. But correct, there really isn't an upper limit to CCA, only a lower limit, ie. don't buy a battery that has LESS CCA's that the battery that came with the car. I think the original battery is 310 CCA?

CCA is only a measure of battery's ability of how many amps it can provide @ 32 degrees F in 30 seconds and not drop between 7.5V

More critical in cases of larger engines (more reciprocating mass), higher compression ratios, and colder temperature. But in all other conditions, more CCA means quicker/easier starting. The starter will only draw as much current as it can support, battery is not PUSHING any juice to the starter.

Topic List