Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Air Fuel Ratio Sensor

by Bull6791, February 25, 2015

The 2005 Corolla has and AIR FUEL RATIO SENSOR not the convention oxygen sensor.

What is the difference between a AIR FUEL RATIO SENSOR and CONVENTIONAL OXYGEN SENSOR.

How many air fuel ratio sensors are on the 05 Corolla.

Does the 07 Camry have an AIR FUEL RATIO SENSOR.

When do you change one of these out or only if they fail.

Thanks.

Big difference, other than price, is resolution. The AFR sensor is more like a wideband O2 sensor than your conventional lamba (O2) sensor. Lamba (conventional O2) sensors only respond to a very narrow range of values - outside of that range, they can't read properly. An AFR can respond to an extremely wide range of values, making it possible to tailor the air/fuel ratios to much higher degree than before.

Same as your 2007 Camry and 2005 Corolla (assuming 4-cylinders on both) - both use a AFR sensor for the upstream or pre-cat sensor. The downstream or post-cat sensor is a conventional lamda sensor. If you had a V6 on the Camry- then you are looking at two AFR sensors and one conventional sensor.

You treat them the same way as a regular O2 sensor - when they fail, your replace them with the appropriate type.

On the 05 Corolla and 07 CAMRY where are the AIR FUEL RATIO SENSORS located. I do not know if I am right but is it before and after the catalytic convert.

If I am wrong than where are they located.

Thanks.

Already mentioned them above:

... both use a AFR sensor for the upstream or pre-cat sensor. The downstream or post-cat sensor is a conventional lamda sensor. ...

Topic List