Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

The Last Hose To Identify

by WillYart, December 8, 2014

Hi all,

My '93 Corolla at 140K miles broke its serpentine belt.

Here is one more hose I'm trying to identify, does anyone want to try? Should I replace it while I'm replacing all the coolant hoses? This hose apparently goes from the engine down to the transmission area:

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~wrightwr/images/IMG_8178ii.jpg

I guess I should explain why this is the third post about hoses. My PCV hose was baked onto the engine into a glass-like substance that basically shattered and cracked when I pulled it of the valve cover.

So, during this job I've been on the lookout for hoses to replace.

The Chilton manual is not as useful as I'd like. It confuses Gaskets for O-rings, repeats steps, is sometimes innacurate, etc.

I'm ready to invest in a factory manual.

Aloha,

Bill

Also an automatic transmission fluid cooler hose. No need to replace it.

Have you replaced your automatic transmission fluid every 60,000 miles? Depending on which tranny you have, it may also have a separate differential housing with its own fluid to check or replace.

Hi Dom, I bought the car at about 120K miles about 4 months ago, I put the last 20K on it. For a while I was delivering Pizza.

Recently I replaced much of the front suspension components because a lot of it was shot, so at that time I drained and replaced the trainy flood with Dextron III; after investigating thoroughly I assured myself that my style engine does not have a separate differential housing.

Thanks for identifying the hose you're awesome.

Topic List