Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Trunk Divider

By echarleswhyte, May 20, 2014

Yesterday afternoon I had to purchase a few things from the store on the way to pick up my wife from work. One of the items was a watermelon and one other was eggs. As I'm waiting in the parking lot for my wife to be off shift, I invisioned the big round watermelon rolling over the eggs and busting them up. Being a smart guy I took the watermelon out of the trunk and put it on the floor in the back seat. after being home for a few hours and thinking of what I can do I went into the shed and about half hour work this is what I got. I built it in two sections so it can come out easy and it is just shy of the dimensions so it should stay put

Nice! Simple yet effective. Like the idea of putting the lap joint in the middle to make two pieces out of it.

yeah I had two big eye bolts in my toolbox (don't know why or from where lol) so I screw it in from behind and it holds the joint. It cost me $0 just a bit of my time. It actually can be removed without taking it apart (found that out after it was done) but still useful to be able to split apart.

Topic List