Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

New 2014 Corolla

By corollamike, June 7, 2013 in Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)

It's here, and I want to know: Does anyone else think the new 11th-gen, 2014 Corolla looks like a 2009 Ford Focus? Anyone? My wife owns one, and the new Corolla looks just like it, in terms of overall shape. The more I look at it, the more it reminds me of the Focus. I wish it didn't, but it does.

Think it looks more like the Dart+Focus, but I like it. If you notice the LE has a different grill shape.

Apparently, I'm not the only one comparing the new Corolla with the last-gen Focus; allusions to the same are everywhere. Of course, ANY car is more refined than the last-gen Focus. Wonder if Toyota will offer an option of ride height, 'cause this baby is up in the air--almost as if it looks like it's pant legs are too short, in a manner of speaking.

I read that the rear hump is GONE. And I'm sad to see the upper glove box go away. And it looks as though the tray in the trunk has been omitted, as well. I'm hoping Toyota haven't taken too much of a lead from the last-gen Focus, and have kept the loose change box where it was.

Just a few thoughts; please: no haters.

Yeah that fender gap was a little too much. I would rather put higher profile tires on those rims and it would look better or maybe bigger rims. The gap makes me wonder if the ride will have lots of travel.

It'll probably look good lowered, like all Corollas do. The aftermarket will be on top of that, for sure.

Seems to me they would sell more S models if they lowered it a bit and left the others higher up for grandma and aunt suzie. I'm glad to hear they are going to simulate gears on the CVT so that it's like it has 7 gears even though it's technically one continuous gear and on the S model you can use paddle shifters to run through the simulated gears/ratios.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)