Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By ever_green, March 4, 2013

ever_green

I know the brake specific fuel consumption sweet spot is around 3000rpm for the 1ZZ-FE at full throttle. But i was wondering if anyone could help me find the sweetspot for the 2ZR? I'm guessing it will be the same or perhaps higher due to dual VVT-i? currently i shift at 3000rpm and about 3/4 throttle with good results of about 30mpg city, but i thought i might improve on it. Some people i know who build and tune engines recommend i shift at peak torque and 3/4 throttle instead, i'm not sure about that seeing as most BSFC charts on the net discourage this, and that most eco cars go open loop above 3500-4000rpm.

I haven't seen one for the conventional 2ZR-FE, but there was one posted for the 2ZR-FXE (the Atkinson cycle variant used in the Prius).

http://ecomodder.com/wiki/index.php/Brake_Specific_Fuel_Consumption_%28BSFC%29_Maps#Toyota_Prius_1.8L_2ZR-FXE_2010-

Might just have to slap on a datalogger and calculate your own BSFC map - as it is a fairly simple equation: BSFC = [fuel consumption (g/s)] / [RPM (rads/s)]*[torque (Nm)]

Of course, would need to find an stock dyno chart to see exactly where the peak torque is.

Topic List