Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Stepping Down

by the99contour, December 1, 2012

• 1,424 posts

Corolland Members,

It is with deep regret that this evening I wrote Dave and informed him that effective immediately I am resigning my position as a moderator of this forum.

Due to circumstances in my life, I am no longer able to devote the amount of time it takes for me to be an effective moderator for the membership of this forum and I do not feel it is fair to all of you for me to continue to occupy one of the limited number of moderator positions that are available on this forum when someone else with more time could be occupying that position.

This occurred to me this week when I got almost 20 messages in my email about SPAM while I was at work and I was unable to do anything about it. I just kept thinking that the forum has been SPAM free since I was made the first forum moderator in 2005 and I was letting you all down by not jumping on here right away and removing it.

It isn't right for me to have allowed that to happen and I'm sorry to any member who felt let down because of the SPAM on the forum.

I just want to let everyone know that this forum has helped me immensely over the years to care for and maintain my Corolla and it has helped many co-workers and friends to do the same. I have also got a lot out of moderating this forum in terms of learning how to manage the various aspects of my life. I'll still be around when I can.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me over the years here and a special thanks to Fish and Bitter for covering for me while I've been too busy to do my job here.

• 149 posts

Thank you for your service 99. All the best.

Bob R

Sorry to see you go. We all appreciate all the hard work that you put in over the years. Good luck with your future endeavours and best wishes for the upcoming holidays.

ever_green

good luck to you. i learned a lot from this site.

friendly_jacek

Thanks man!

Thanks for the hard work 99. I haven't owned my Corolla for 3 years and am just stopping by for a visit but wanted to note that this is one of the best forums I belonged to. A lot of good people on here with good infomation and advice.

Good luck and good health,

Jay in MA

Topic List