Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1999 Corolla Engine Dies, P1310 Error Code

by Valhalla, March 26, 2012

I have recently replaced all of the following: Catalytic Convertor, coils, wires, and spark plugs.

The engine seems to run fine, but most frequently when I have accellerated to coasting speed and let off on the gas, occasionally the engine will die while I am in motion.

Typically restarting the car once the vehicle is stopped works.

If I have the air or heater on, however, the car always refuses to restart or run at all.

Sometimes when driving through a parking lot or stopped at a light, the car will die. Often frequently.

I suspect that it had the problem even before I replaced anything, as I had other issues as well, so I figured replacing them solved the issue, which seemed like it did for a while, but now the car dies too much to be realistically driveable.

Bad_dude

Any codes? Try cleaning the idle air control valve. It seems the idle not increasing with accessories on. What brand cables and plugs you used?

Any codes? Try cleaning the idle air control valve. It seems the idle not increasing with accessories on. What brand cables and plugs you used?

The code is P1310.

Sometimes even if the AC or heater is not on, the car will still die, just not as frequently. It usually won't do it when I'm giving it gas, but it will do it once I've accellerated to coasting speed, or at stoplights or when I'm going slow through a parking lot.

Bad_dude

Try testing each of the coils. While the car is running, pull one coil at a time. The one that you pull and cause no change in the engine is the bad one. Did you use Denso or NGK plugs? Try using just those to make sure it's not the plugs. Basically, it's a misfire from one of the cylinders, the cause is most likely the spark plugs. Try cleaning the cable contacts and make sure have good contacts. It could one of the services that you performed and some thing happens there.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)