Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Mud Guards

by tinto99, December 22, 2004

I'm looking for mud guards, the hard plastic ones that fit snugly around the rear part of the fenders.

I saw some black ones at Canadian Tire, I forget the brand name, but the chart on the package indicated that they fit my '97 among other makes and models. Price: $10.49 CAD/pair.

Browsing Internet parts sites, I've seen black Toyota mud guards priced anywhere between $25-35 USD.

Does anybody know if there's anything special about the Toyota OEM mud guards? They look the same as the ones I saw for ten bucks at the store.

Thanks.

Hard to say - the OEM ones are form fitting to the fender and are made of a hard rubber/plastic material. Nothing really special about them. If the ones you seen are molded - see if they will let you fit them to the car to check fitment.

I'm wondering whether the shape of the fender for all the cars listed on the chart, is identical, or at least close enough for a good fit on all models.

I'll try them out first. If they don't fit, I'll get the Toyota ones.

Thanks.

Should be - 1993-1997 were part of the 7th generation. Most of the updates between models were with respect to emissions and option packages only. The fender shape, where the mud flaps go, should be identical in each.

No, I meant all models of the different makes listed in the chart on the package: ie Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra, etc. The generic mud guards which I found at the store for $10.49/pair supposedly fit these and other cars listed.

Sorry for the confusion.

BTW, they seem to be molded hard rubber/plastic just like the more expensive Toyota OEM ones.

Thanks

How many people have mudguards, are they dealer or generic, and how do they do? I don't have mudguards and it seems like the paint in the wheelwells is just waiting to get dinged up by gravel, (and eventually start to [shudder] rust).

Obviously, first choice would be some of them metallic naked lady silhouette mudguards, but doubt they come in Corolla size. default_laugh

I have OEM ones (I think all new cars here have them). They fill-up with crap very quickly in bad conditions but they seem to do their job of protecting the car. The ice/snow accumulation is only ugly... otherwise it's not really an issue.

However, if you drive in deep and somewhat packed snow they will rub against the snow and possibly cause you to get stuck. Or perhaps they really don't change much and you'd get stuck anyhow, I haven't tried pulling them off. But then if you ever drive in such snow you should have the equipment to pull yourself out ;-)

can you add mud guards to an S model? it seems the extra body molding may get in the way.

-Ben

I have an S model and it came with mud guards. Don't know if that is just the case with the 8th generation vs the 9th generation - but I have seen quite a few S models (2003+) with them.

Are the stock OEM mudgaurds body color, or black. do they seem to have a special fit for the S?

I almoost bought the generic ones, but thought they wouldnt fit so well around the S body molding.

-Ben

I believe it depends on the trim level - I've seen it both black and body colored. On my Corolla S - they are body colored and on my Camry LE, black.

Hey California,

Here in Canada, they're very handy, keeps snow and ice and more damaging salt and gravel from getting to the rear of the wheel well. I've had so much accumulation there that my tire rubs against it (I doubt this can damage the tires though). I normally kick at the car to knock off the accumulation.

The car also looks nicer with the mud guards, imho.

Thanks, Tinto. I think I'll get some, since style rules here in California. default_tongue

I just bought a set of OEM toyota mudguards for my '05 Corolla off ebay for like $25. I have installed the front ones already, and so far they work great. I have noticed a drastic reduction in the amount of road spray and snow that flies up onto my drivers/passenger windows. In the first week I owned the car I noticed that without the mudguards the tires really shot a lot of road spray up onto the car, even up on the side mirrors and windows. I havent installed the rear mudguards yet, because they require drilling and I don't have a drill or a lift. I'll probably have the dealershi[p put them on when I go in for my first oil change.

BTW: I also recommend the Toyota winter floormats. I just got a set, and they are much better than the stock carpet mats for handling the winter grime and wetness.

Yes, the all-weather mats are excellent and can be easily hosed clean.

Max

I got a front set of Weather Tech Premium rubber mats and love 'em. Very thick, and they hold tons of water and mud. They are custom fit, though not as perfect as my Toyota carpet mats.

Who was the ebay seller for the mudguards?

I didn't realize weathertech made matts for corrollas. I looked for them and couldn'r find them. Can anybody recommed a vender who careies these at a good price?

Also, where is good place to buy optional OEM items?

Elvis...I bought my OEM mudguards from J&S Accessories (jsa63) on Ebay for $22.50 plus shipping, and my winter floormats from 'airporttoyotaparts' on Ebay for $61 plus shipping. I have found both to be good sellers. Both these sellers are toyota dealerships and seem to stock the full line of accessories.

the mudflaps i can find do not fit S model (including the ebay ones) Anybody know where i can find them for an "S"?

also, having trouble finding weathertech matts for an 03-05. found them for an 02

Dai_Shan

Definilty post pics if you (or anyone ) has mudflaps on the 'S' model. I have been wondering how that would llook.

Max

Elvis- www.weathertech.com for the rubber mats. Shipping is a little high, but for me, it was worth it.

Topic List