ForumsCorollas2019-21ToyotasTech

Sold My Baby, New Ride

Here is your Toyota car information!

sold my 2000 corolla ve. i was the first owner and i had it for 12 years. Never let me down, very reliable and efficient on gas, more than today's corolla's even.

i decided to go 4wd, with the harsh canadian winters, it was necessary. so i bought a 2009 impreza 2.5i:

Congrats. Hope you're happy with it. Bought a new Hyundai Elantra Touring last year this time myself, will be trading back to Toyota before summer. Their customer service leaves lots to be desired. Hope you have more satisfaction.

That is one nice looking ride. It also looks to be fully loaded and in really good shape for a car with almost 50,000 km on it.

I've always been impressed by Subaru vehicles.

As an engineer, their attention to detail and the philosophy of better driving and safety through engineering (I.E. using extra bearings in the wheel bearings, symmetrical AWD and a boxer engine to lower the center of gravity) has always set especially well with me.

As I now live in Michigan and the weather here is a little harsh in the winter, I have been considering a Subaru more than ever.

I was actually looking at a 5 speed 2012 Impreza 2.0i Premium earlier today and I was really happy with what I was looking at.

It's entire driving feel is better than that of the Corolla, and when equipped with alloy wheels, sunroof and the all weather package, a 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium with a 5 speed costs about a thousand dollars more than my 2010 Corolla S Auto, but for that extra grand you get heated seats and windshield, bluetooth connectivity and sirius plus the AWD. The interior is nicer, better put together and more thoughtfully designed, like the clock isn't in front of the gear selector as on my Corolla.

The fuel economy is less, but I really don't care about that as my Corolla no longer gets anywhere near the ratings with my short trips to work and around town and for the extra traction AWD gives you in winter, I'd sacrifice some MPG.

Toyota used to have a class leader in the Corolla, but not anymore. The Impreza, Civic, Mazda3, Cruze and Focus are all better cars IMHO. I currently have a 2012 Focus and it is a better car in every way than my 2010 Corolla is, but it still has the problem of being a FWD car which is what I'm trying to get away from. I don't want to drive my F150 all winter because of snow, it gets 12mpg in city driving, so it seems like the Subaru would be a good choice.

Anyway, congrats on the new ride, hope you enjoy it.

Congrats! Great choice - I was also considering that as a future addition to my daily drivers, just have to get the wife on board with the Subaru "quirkiness".

That is one nice looking ride. It also looks to be fully loaded and in really good shape for a car with almost 50,000 km on it.

I've always been impressed by Subaru vehicles.

As an engineer, their attention to detail and the philosophy of better driving and safety through engineering (I.E. using extra bearings in the wheel bearings, symmetrical AWD and a boxer engine to lower the center of gravity) has always set especially well with me.

As I now live in Michigan and the weather here is a little harsh in the winter, I have been considering a Subaru more than ever.

I was actually looking at a 5 speed 2012 Impreza 2.0i Premium earlier today and I was really happy with what I was looking at.

It's entire driving feel is better than that of the Corolla, and when equipped with alloy wheels, sunroof and the all weather package, a 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium with a 5 speed costs about a thousand dollars more than my 2010 Corolla S Auto, but for that extra grand you get heated seats and windshield, bluetooth connectivity and sirius plus the AWD. The interior is nicer, better put together and more thoughtfully designed, like the clock isn't in front of the gear selector as on my Corolla.

The fuel economy is less, but I really don't care about that as my Corolla no longer gets anywhere near the ratings with my short trips to work and around town and for the extra traction AWD gives you in winter, I'd sacrifice some MPG.

Toyota used to have a class leader in the Corolla, but not anymore. The Impreza, Civic, Mazda3, Cruze and Focus are all better cars IMHO. I currently have a 2012 Focus and it is a better car in every way than my 2010 Corolla is, but it still has the problem of being a FWD car which is what I'm trying to get away from. I don't want to drive my F150 all winter because of snow, it gets 12mpg in city driving, so it seems like the Subaru would be a good choice.

Anyway, congrats on the new ride, hope you enjoy it.

Thanks, It wasn't easy finding this car hehe not many 2.5i used around here. But i made a plan last year to buy a car and worked hard for it. yes indeed it is all about that AWD system. i had my first drive in a snow storm and freezing rain this weekend and i was very impressed. at red lights and stop signs i witnessed front wheel drive cars like civics and corollas struggling for traction off the line. i on the other had no problems. Braking was also excellent; man am i glad to finally have 4 wheel disc brakes. time for some premium pads and rotors lol. i'm currently getting 24mpg all city with good bit of bumper to bumper traffic (i don't do any highway driving). Thats about 2-3 mpg less than the 2000 corolla i had. The car feels very solid compared to my old corolla, specially on the highway. I can just merge in overdrive gear so easily, there is good amount of torque. The best thing about this car is the steering, very sensitive and precise compared to even some luxury cars i have driven. There is also tons of feedback, however some might find it a bit heavy. This car is also easy to mod and maintain yourself.

2012 Impreza is even better where they have addressed some issues such as the fuel economy. you can't go wrong with an impreza.

Congrats! Great choice - I was also considering that as a future addition to my daily drivers, just have to get the wife on board with the Subaru "quirkiness".

thanks. Yes subaru doesn't really attract female drivers much, but the newer models coming out should change all that.